Precision gas gun, Form?

ID_Matt

WKR
I am clueless when it comes to gas guns but with the help of a friend I have slowly put a cheap build together and am pretty happy with how it turned out. Shoots better than I imagined. Started it's life as an inexpensive 16" Radical, slowly added:

rave trigger
Aero adjustable gas block
vertical grip - no idea on brand
51Fifty arca handguard
Magpul DT stock (prs lite did not balance well)

The first thing I planned to do when I started modifying was to swap the barrel, but it shoots so well that I don't think I have a reason to change it.

Shoots the cheap AAC 75 grain ammo fairly consistently under 1.5 MOA.

AR1.jpg

1 Low, adjusted, shot 7 - 115 yards.
AR2.jpg

Imcolej

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus, Putting in my request for a Shoot2Hunt Academy gas gun course! I'll will be ready soon once my Brownells PRI upper order comes in. That deal was too hard to pass up.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus, Putting in my request for a Shoot2Hunt Academy gas gun course! I'll will be ready soon once my Brownells PRI upper order comes in. That deal was too hard to pass up.
Second hand jealousy.

If this does come together, I can host at WWRA (south of Afton). Multiple tactical bays plus steel out to 1k and space to camp.

-J

Imcolej

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
I'm in love bros. This is a 30 round group with AAC TMK's.

Never ran an A2 stock so that is kind of a new experience. Also working with a heavy mil-spec trigger. Will update as I run this gun more.

Attachments

• IMG_3793.JPG
    IMG_3793.JPG
    463.2 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3795 Large.jpeg
    IMG_3795 Large.jpeg
    555.1 KB · Views: 93

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I'm in love bros. This is a 30 round group with AAC TMK's.

Never ran an A2 stock so that is kind of a new experience. Also working with a heavy mil-spec trigger. Will update as I run this gun more.

Yes sir. A Larue MBT Two stage in the best? Least expensive, and most reliable option that you could throw in that.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Cole you classy bastard. What a rifle and what a group.

Yes throw a Larue in there (I like the curved one). You can FT me if you’re nervous about installing, or we can do it together next month.

-J

Tobe_B

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll second the LaRue trigger. Both my rifles have them. Super reliable and consistent, and they feel great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long Cut

WKR
I bought this 18” 1-7 twist, .223 Wylde PSA AR back in college. Sat stock for years, until I got bored and began modifying it.

Triggertech Duty Trigger: 3.5# single stage
Aero Precision Enhanced Buffer tube & spring
Tactical EX Stock
Magpul Grip
Radian SD Charging Handle
Radian 45 degree safety
Dead Air Armament Muzzle Break
Bravo Company QD Mounts X2
Geisselle Super Precision Mount
SWFA 5-20

On Order;
WOA 18” 1-7 Rifle Length Gas barrel
SLR Adjustable Gas Block
Otter Creek Labs Polonium

Be Warned; Building AR’s is almost as addictive as shooting them! IMG_1607.jpegIMG_1609.jpeg

Imcolej

FNG
Shoot2HuntU
Yes sir. A Larue MBT Two stage in the best? Least expensive, and most reliable option that you could throw in that.

Cole you classy bastard. What a rifle and what a group.

Yes throw a Larue in there (I like the curved one). You can FT me if you’re nervous about installing, or we can do it together next month.

-J

I’ll second the LaRue trigger. Both my rifles have them. Super reliable and consistent, and they feel great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the recommendation/vote of confidence on the LaRue trigger. I'll get one ordered asap.

@NSI , I'll let you know if I run into any problems on the install and thanks for the offer to help.

Reactions: NSI

Long Cut

WKR
How's it shoot? Been thinking about getting one of those for a deer rifle.

Realistically 2” with good ammo.

I haven’t tried with the new trigger yet though. I’d imagine the groups would tighten up some with a lighter and significantly better trigger than milspec

Steel Rain

Lil-Rokslider
So, if a guy had a MK12 Mod0 with proper muffler on the front and wanted to shoot some deer with it, what is the recommended ammo?