Precision Cut Archery Paper Recommendations

success

WKR
I used my garmin and precision cut archery. I got initial speed and speed at 60 yards. 5 shots at zero. And 5 shots at 60. Got the avg. Printed a tape. Was dead nuts out to 80. Maybe I was lucky.

Gmatyok

FNG
I used my garmin and precision cut archery. I got initial speed and speed at 60 yards. 5 shots at zero. And 5 shots at 60. Got the avg. Printed a tape. Was dead nuts out to 80. Maybe I was lucky.

I want to try either lab radar or garmin some day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Finally got my bow and arrows where I like it and have been really working on dialing in the tape lately.
I developed sight tapes developed using both the launch and downrange speed with a Garmin Xero chronograph method and the three point method within the Precision Cut Archery program. While typing this up, I am realizing the density altitude input varied between the two but I doubt it is really that significant since it's within a few hundred feet vs thousands. My ability to shoot solid groups or use a fine point pen was probably more significant to accuracy of the tests.

Here were the results of the two different tapes. The middle tape was really just scratch paper for 3 point method - shows where I shot in marks at 60 and 90 for reference to the two other tapes.

1 - This is the tape that was developed using launch and downrange velocity. Using this tape would have me impacting a little high at 60 and maybe a bit low at 90yds. I used 5 shot average velocities to be put into the program.

2 - Again, just scratch paper for the purposes of this. It was set up for a slightly different arrow.

3 - shot in groups at 20, 60, 90. Groups were as good as I can shoot and I used the horizontal line method. So focused on holding for elevation and staying in peep more than left/rights.

Seems to me that the 3 point method produced a sight tape that is closer to where I shot groups when developing the tapes. While the Garmin is awesome and I will continue to use to ensure my bow stays within specs of how I set it up, I'll probably put the 3 point method tape on my bow for now.

IMG_2211.jpeg

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
I messed with it on my bow with the speed and 2 points method. 20 and 60 were on, but I was 3.5 yards off by 100 yards. I got a speed at zero, put in 20 yards and 100 yards and stuck the sight tape on with the bow dialed to 60 yards. Chrono is a light screen style. I use magneto for all the gun stuff.

Looks like next time I will use the 3 points method.

dkime

WKR
I messed with it on my bow with the speed and 2 points method. 20 and 60 were on, but I was 3.5 yards off by 100 yards. I got a speed at zero, put in 20 yards and 100 yards and stuck the sight tape on with the bow dialed to 60 yards. Chrono is a light screen style. I use magneto for all the gun stuff.

Looks like next time I will use the 3 points method.

#3markLyfe is the only life to live, glad it’s working out for guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk