“Powered” pants: take 30 lbs of load off your body

Ucsdryder

WKR
I think the next major technology that will have to be considered by all states are drones that carry people. That will truly be the biggest game changer. I hope they outlaw them preemptively.

WKR
Why are they part of a pair pants, and not just leg braces you can strap on?
I'd imagine that the pants are simply designed around the assistive braces and that the braces can be used independently. Otherwise, they'd be a bit difficult to wash.

IDVortex

WKR
They are already out there but they’re too expensive. In the next decade the price will probably make them an issue.
Nah, because drone bodies will help folks with their bad decisions of health, which will make them easier to control and less time to live so won't be as costly on society.

huntnful

WKR
I think the next major technology that will have to be considered by all states are drones that carry people. That will truly be the biggest game changer. I hope they outlaw them preemptively.
I will for sure drone drop my ass into some landlocked BLM hahaha.

The signs at the beginning of NF and wilderness areas are going to have to have drones carrying a person crossed out on them now.

IW17

Lil-Rokslider
^^^ As someone who had leg braces similar to that when they were a child for about 4 years, I can certainly laugh at that pun.

Maybe that's why I am such a bitter bastard now. lol
My cousin got leg braces about 6 months after Forest Gump was released. To say he got rode pretty hard was an understatement. Fast forward ten years and he turned into one of the toughest, no mercy types I've ever seen. I always tell him he owes me a beer for turning out so great lol.

Imagine how heavy you'd feel when the batteries run out!
"Wait up guys! I'm going to sit here and charge."

Drones are essentially already covered under most state’s fixed-wing aircraft laws. If not, there would be an army of motorized paragliders hitting the Alaska wilderness on August 9th that would make Hamas blush.

I think when I can't hike under my own power I'll just be done.

I see this being used to haul out of shape people into places they will need airlifted from once the power dies.

I've watched fat people struggle with e bikes on flat trails after the power runs out on paved roads.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
But the exoskeleton isn’t designed to help anyone cheat their way up a strenuous trail. The goal is to make hiking — and challenging hiking trails — more accessible to those who may not have the necessary endurance.

WTF? may not have the necessary endurance, but using a machine isn't cheating????:rolleyes: