POW success

ganngus

WKR
It was a week of tough hunting. Dry and hot temperatures were brutal. Only bucks seen were 1800+ feet of elevation. Seems like deer numbers are down. None the less, after many miles of hiking, I was able to tag out.

Attachments

• IMG_9528.jpeg
    IMG_9528.jpeg
    647.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_9525.jpeg
    IMG_9525.jpeg
    703.2 KB · Views: 135

MT_Fin

WKR
Nice job, way to stick with tough conditions to get a nice buck. I would like to hunt blacktails at some point.

JRodAK

FNG
It was a week of tough hunting. Dry and hot temperatures were brutal. Only bucks seen were 1800+ feet of elevation. Seems like deer numbers are down. None the less, after many miles of hiking, I was able to tag out.
State land I assume?

JRodAK

FNG
Negative. The area of forest service open to non-residents prior to August 15…
I thought USFS land on POW didn't open until Aug 16 for non-subsistence qualified hunters? I've always waited until August 16 to hunt Federal land on POW, am I wrong in doing so?

Very nice deer by the way!

OP
ganngus

ganngus

WKR
I thought USFS land on POW didn't open until Aug 16 for non-subsistence qualified hunters? I've always waited until August 16 to hunt Federal land on POW, am I wrong in doing so?

Very nice deer by the way!

There is a portion of POW excluded from subsistence requirements. And thank you for compliment, I’m super stoked about him.

OP
ganngus

ganngus

WKR
Nice buck! I’m here fishing, and finally started getting some rain the last few days.

Hopefully fishing lights up with the rains! I heard multiple captains saying they desperately could use some rains to turn salmon fishing on.