New SG bino harness is on the way ...

Does anyone else not like how this only has one strap to the binos? I leave my binos hang quite often with my other harness and having only one strap on the SG makes it awkward. Thinking about seeing if they will sell me a second one.
I think I have a second I could get you. The gen 1 came with two I think, I found I prefer one after using for a bit. I used to use two with the FHF and marsupial but the way the SG harness is, it’s just as easy to drop in the bucket and leave open as let them hang.

I think I have a second I could get you. The gen 1 came with two I think, I found I prefer one after using for a bit. I used to use two with the FHF and marsupial but the way the SG harness is, it’s just as easy to drop in the bucket and leave open as let them hang.
Thanks. Ill try it for a bit and see if I still feel the same.

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
I tried making a slight modification to put a Safariland on one side. It's a little awkward being up so high for the draw but going to try it out.

Attachments

• 20240709_204310.jpg
    20240709_204310.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20240709_204234.jpg
    20240709_204234.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 71
  • 20240709_204240.jpg
    20240709_204240.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 71

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of Zeiss 8x40 SFLs and I plan to put a wiser sparrow bino tripod mount on them. Does anyone use the new SG Sentinel bino pack with the Zeiss 8x40 SFLs who could verify which size sentinel bino pack I need? I was thinking the regular size sentinel pack should work but would love confirmation on that. Thanks!
I'm using the same set up and the regular fits nicely. The sparrow adds a bit of bulk onto the bottom of the binos, but still comes in and out just fine.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Have tried a few different harnesses over the years. This is "the one" for me. Fits and carries weight well, stays where I want it, everything I want in it has a place. Only downside was the lower lateral pointy velcro being pokey on the nips, a little Leuko tape and good to go now.

Have tried a few different harnesses over the years. This is "the one" for me. Fits and carries weight well, stays where I want it, everything I want in it has a place. Only downside was the lower lateral pointy velcro being pokey on the nips, a little Leuko tape and good to go now.
I’m with ya, I really didn’t like the gen 1, which was disappointing because it was nice on paper, but wasn’t nice in use. This new one kicks ass and is the harness I have been wanting. I still don’t like the clips for the shoulder straps in the front, but it’s easy to make that a non issue, and is no reason to not like it or like it less. I have been through probably 10 harnesses in the past 5-6 years, and if this one didn’t work out, I was going to stick with the gen 2 OV, but the sentinel turned out to be excellent

It’s comfortable even with my pistol hanging on it in a razco. They nailed it with this version, and I’m glad I’m done trying every new harness that comes out

Normally when it’s wet I wear my bino harness under my rain jacket, it was really wet all weekend but still too warm for rain gear and my glass stayed dry for 2 days of plowing through soaked brush, and completely dried fast on the outside, that alone is an improvement over any harness I’ve had, and that’s a big deal here, means the likelihood of fogged up glass is reduced a lot

Johnboy11

FNG
I tried a binocular harness. It was not a fit for ME. Bounced around like a pair of huge tits when hiking in the mountains. Snugged it up so it stopped bouncing around and it became a hot sweaty mess. Got in the way of my harness in the tree stand. Got in the way of my bridge when hunting from a saddle. Felt like I had a refrigerator strapped to my chest. Went back to the simple elastic bands. Simple and easy. Does not keep the binoculars clean or protected, but that's a tradeoff I make. KISS.

View attachment 653165
I have this same mentality (and strap). Certain times I'll use the Kuiu Pro Bino harness. But I'm not a big guy and it takes up a lot of space on my chest when I do.

wildmek

FNG
FYI you can use the sentinel pockets on the skyline harness. The sentinel pocket velcro is hook on both sides so I stuck some HD outdoor velcro loop (comes with peel and stick backing) together to make it double sided. It works fine, but the sentinel setup would be more secure I am sure. I find the skyline comfortable and fear change so this will work for now until one of my kids steals this harness.

IMG_8087.jpeg
IMG_8089.jpeg

atmat

WKR
FYI you can use the sentinel pockets on the skyline harness. The sentinel pocket velcro is hook on both sides so I stuck some HD outdoor velcro loop (comes with peel and stick backing) together to make it double sided. It works fine, but the sentinel setup would be more secure I am sure. I find the skyline comfortable and fear change so this will work for now until one of my kids steals this harness.

View attachment 762743
View attachment 762744
I wouldn’t fear the change. The new harness is better in every way.