Post your euro mount

image.jpgimage.jpgJust finished my daughters first Pronghorn doe. Have been boiling out heads for a while. I stopped using bleach after I removed color from bases. Now we just boil and leave them be.

Neumie

FNG
Some great deer and mounts on here!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 75

Studd muffin

Lil-Rokslider
Boy they’re quite bright. How did you get them so white?

I tried a hydrogen peroxide paste mix and got mind pretty white, but not that white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I boil it in oxiclean, pressure wash it clean, then boil it again with a little bit of the peroxide, then coat it with peroxide paste for a few days.

The one on the right, I just boiled in oxiclean then coated with the peroxide. The top and one on the left, did what I mentioned above. Boiling it in the peroxide for a little bit seems to make a huge difference. They came out awesome. I tape up the bases, but if it bleaches a little, I get some wood stain and touch it up. You will never know the difference.

Wapiti7

FNG
For touching up color, I've done the coffee grounds and it works okay, but the coloring doesn't seem right looking up close. Being an old baseball player, I figured why not try pine tar...hell that's what the critter used originally. Grabbed some tar out of my kid's baseball bag and it works perfect.

jkingsKS

FNG
51a64f59eb14149959b30df580db6bfe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Finished these two for a buddy yesterday. They were killed on the same property I’ll be on next weekend. Fingers crossed, I’ll have another euro to share soon!

FA095EEF-9AD2-4701-87D5-041C974E22B7.jpeg29B0CEE6-8561-48FA-9F3C-F74FF41D324C.jpeg

Just dropped off a 8 pt. head last night, finally have enough euros too do a tree, found a great looking tree where I hunt at and where the heads came from, working on ideals how too make it come together. Really do not care for the pre-fabed metal trees.

jedi

FNG
What did you use to re color the antlers? Looks good, I always wash some of the color out of mine no matter how I cover them, I tried the coffee thing but didn’t have much luck
take a few branches from the trees of the area you hunt/shot the deer in. any discoloration, rub the antlers as hard as you can, mimic a deer, it will recolor really quick with the origianal/native colors from where you shot at

jedi

FNG
half these deer would have been shoulder mounts haha. nice looking critters all