Possible new NV state record

velvetfvr

WKR
Possible new state record typical buck for NV. I have shot with the guy in between the antlers as he lives right by me. I also know the guy 2nd from the left as I shot with him in Ely.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345088408.537835.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Like WOW!
thanks for sharing
would this by record typical velvet or hard horn if it makes it?

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Like WOW!
thanks for sharing
would this by record typical velvet or hard horn if it makes it?

Well definitely velvet and the guy I know was saying all around typical but I am not sure what he scores now. I will go down and talk with my buddy and hear the whole story. Wish I was there to see this pig!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
That's a stud buck, but if what I read on monstermuleys is correct I have a hard time believing that a 185" buck would be te NV state record... I could be wrong tho.

"I killed this buck opening day of the 2012 NV Deer Season. I was hunting with my brother Erik Rowley and friends Gary Morrill and Trevor Marques. The buck is 22" outside and gross's 185" and nets 179" with a 17" inside spread credit."
-Brock Rowley

That's a direct quote from Monstermuleys...

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
That's a stud buck, but if what I read on monstermuleys is correct I have a hard time believing that a 185" buck would be te NV state record... I could be wrong tho.

"I killed this buck opening day of the 2012 NV Deer Season. I was hunting with my brother Erik Rowley and friends Gary Morrill and Trevor Marques. The buck is 22" outside and gross's 185" and nets 179" with a 17" inside spread credit."
-Brock Rowley

Ok, well the guy I know told me the buck they were after was pushing the new state record. This was the only buck they would shoot. Will have to see!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I see, wasn't trying to push anyones buttons. Just kinda curious too...

-Brock Rowley

Here is the link on Monster Muleys:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/dcforum/DCForumID6/23355.html#1

Slim Jim

WKR
I just got back to my truck this morning from the rubies and I was stalking a Muley about the same size and another just a bit smaller. Couldn't get any closer than 80 yards out. The big ones know where to feed and bed to make it almost impossible to stalk. I also saw a bigger one the week before in unit 231 helping a buddy hunt archery cow. He was between 28-32 inches wide typical 4, tall with deep forks and good mass so I know there are bigger ones out there here in NV if that is just what i have seen.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
I just can't see this deer in the 180's. I see 190 at the lowest. Even though I am no expert like you guys I have seen my fair share of 170 and 180 class deer. I have compared him to 190 class deer and he has greater length and mass. JMO.

2rocky

WKR
I think the largest NV Archery buck is 202 or better. This buck, killed by Greg Krogh was the record in 2004.

All time State record (All weapons)

MULE DEER - TYPICAL

HUNTER SCORE YEAR
1 ERICH BURKHARD 205 4/8 1983
2 DONNIE THOMPSON (Tie) 204 6/8 1982
2 JAMES H. WILSON (Tie) 204 6/8 1986
3 C. H. "CY" WAHL 203 4/8 1953

Still a hell of a buck and one to be proud of. Congrats to your friends!

You guys are talking about the wrong buck... the bull ridge guys killed a 198 the other day, this buck was killed on opening day.

Coloradoboy

While that is a great buck for sure, and he has length in all the right places for score, I just don't see that buck going much better than 180-185 honestly... As always just my opinion though and I've been wrong before! ;)

Mike