Possibility of Griz hunting returning to Montana?

Recently saw Howl For Wildlife put an article on MT being open to public comments for opening up statewide griz management, i.e. hunting.

crossed it goes through this time, we're long overdo a hunting season for them.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
You will find the Managers of Wildlife will manage by Emotion Not Science.
The Greenies, turn blind eyes to Chicken and Turkey trucks stuffed with live birds, they turn on the blinders to the slaughter house of Steaks and Pork chops, while dinning at their favorite restaurants and Mc Dogstools.
Hypocrites all of them.
Your Elk and Moose are about to take a pounding with the expansion of Grizz.
Like the Wolf, they need to be managed, all wildlife needs to be managed, a balance found.
The Greenies don't look at Deer, Moose and Elk like Fuzzy Wuzzy the G Bear.

Good luck on getting the G Bear Hunt Back. The fools in Government like in BC know of no such word as balance.

Our Caribou, Moose, Elk continue to be hammered by the top of the chain Grizz.
There is no such thing as balance here in BC and I hope your managers do a better job than here.
Sad to see, but they manage by EMOTION not Science.

grfox92

WKR
I noticed when buying preference points for WY this year there was an option for Grizzly bear. You couldn't buy them or apply but the option was there. It got me thinking something is coming.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Htm84

WKR
The Greenies, turn blind eyes to Chicken and Turkey trucks stuffed with live birds, they turn on the blinders to the slaughter house of Steaks and Pork chops, while dinning at their favorite restaurants and Mc Dogstools.
Hypocrites all of them.
Your Elk and Moose are about to take a pounding with the expansion of Grizz.
Like the Wolf, they need to be managed, all wildlife needs to be managed, a balance found.
The Greenies don't look at Deer, Moose and Elk like Fuzzy Wuzzy the G Bear.

Good luck on getting the G Bear Hunt Back. The fools in Government like in BC know of no such word as balance.

Our Caribou, Moose, Elk continue to be hammered by the top of the chain Grizz.
There is no such thing as balance here in BC and I hope your managers do a better job than here.
Sad to see, but they manage by EMOTION not Science.
You sound really emotional.

I feel like this statement couldn't be further from the truth. The large majority of wildlife managers are just as frustrated as anyone that they can't do their job.

Grizzly Bears, Mountain Lions, Black Bears, Wolves - I can't think of a single instance where these hunts were shut down or continued to be delayed because of recommendations by the wildlife managers. That work is all done by voter's ballot measures, legislatures, and lawyers. My ears are open to examples that suggest otherwise. Maybe in Canada I guess.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I feel like this statement couldn't be further from the truth. The large majority of wildlife managers are just as frustrated as anyone that they can't do their job.

Grizzly Bears, Mountain Lions, Black Bears, Wolves - I can't think of a single instance where these hunts were shut down or continued to be delayed because of recommendations by the wildlife managers. That work is all done by voter's ballot measures, legislatures, and lawyers. My ears are open to examples that suggest otherwise. Maybe in Canada I guess.
I'm sure it depends on the state/province. Here in WA state, it seems like our wildlife managers would be happy to see our herds destroyed by predators.

sneaky

"DADDY"

The general public is the manager of wildlife. Hunters are a small subset of that population. As the public votes, so goes the management,or lack thereof, of wildlife. Yes, they vote on emotion, logic be damned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I'm sure it depends on the state/province. Here in WA state, it seems like our wildlife managers would be happy to see our herds destroyed by predators.
The fact you guys have half of your board comprised of openly anti- hunters is astounding. Your King, I mean governor, sure knows how to pick em.

Scoot

WKR
The fact you guys have half of your board comprised of openly anti- hunters is astounding. Your King, I mean governor, sure knows how to pick em.

That's one slimy bastard! Under the table, under handed, and untrustworthy! Amazing and sad he is in office. Lesser of evils maybe, but an evil nevertheless.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
You sound really emotional.
When decisions are made by Emotion and not for science..... It's no different than a gun grab.
They started with Grizzly.
Right after the antis wanted all Cat hunting and trapping to end.
Then they asked for Black Bear.
Next will be Sheep, Goat, then Elk and Moose.
Do all you can to manage by science.
Not emotion.
Maybe if your guns were being taken away from you like Canada is you might feel the same.
Maybe if your Elk and Deer hunts were being taken away from you like our Grizzly hunts have you might feel the same.
Now, we've lost our Caribou hunts in Region 7, completely closed, where there are some struggling herds. In yet there are several herds that are not struggling and have great numbers, sustainability is not the issue there.

I might add, these closures were are having do not affect FNs they can hunt and harvest as much as they want 24/7 ,365 days a year and Pit lamp legally.

Last edited:

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider

You Bet in Canada.
Were on the downside.
In BC only 7% of our license fees goes back to wildlife.
It's sickening.
The downtown yuppy Greenies are winning here. And slowly it's happening to you too.
I agree Bios and managers are leaving their jobs here too, sickened by government that trumps all their hard work and knowledge.
Enjoy hunting while you can.
It's going south faster than ever, I've been witnessing it for 50 plus years.

Rambucsabillbul

Lil-Rokslider
The general public is the manager of wildlife. Hunters are a small subset of that population. As the public votes, so goes the management,or lack thereof, of wildlife. Yes, they vote on emotion, logic be damned.

This statement NAILS it!

Bang on.