Portable Generators--What Brand?

ben h

WKR
My inverter for my RV has a watt display on it to tell you what you're drawing while in use. I was going to get a 2000W inverter, but I went for the 3000W because it was only $70 more. I'm glad I did because with just a few things on, you get to 2000W pretty quickly. If you're wanting to get something for traveling and dual purpose, home backup, I'd get the most watts you can put in the truck by yourself without dreading having to do it.

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
I have a dual fuel Generac that easily runs my whole house. Propane is great for shorter outages because I don't have to worry about leaving fuel in it, etc. and can switch over to gas if looking at what seems to be an extended outage.

CMF

WKR
This topic has peaked my interest. Anyone use Westinghouse generator/inverters? What interests me is dual fuel capability. (They have a 2000W version with dual fuel)
I have two of the igen4500df(dual fuel) in my 5th wheel. I can put them in parallel and get 6000w.
I've had them since fall 2021 and have ballpark 300hrs on them.
Haven't had any major issues.
I can't leave the batteries in or they'll drain and kill them.
The remote starts didn't work for very long, but I'v never troubleshooted either.
One of them will run without the battery connected, but the other won't unless I plug the battery charger in(from gen)
If I let em sit for too long and it's hard to start, I can hook it to propane and it fires right up and I can switch back to gas, and never dies.

This topic has peaked my interest. Anyone use Westinghouse generator/inverters? What interests me is dual fuel capability. (They have a 2000W version with dual fuel)

Yeah they've been mentioned a bunch in this thread already. We put over 900 hours on the igen4500 just over this summer at camp, probably up another hundred by now. Always run it out of fuel by turning the switch off and turn the battery switch off if you're not running it for a while and they'll fire right up forever. Remote start still works on ours. So far we've completely killed two newish Firmans and two Champions, the Champions though lasted a very long time and I'm not knocking them as they probably had 6000 hours on them when they gave up. One of the Firmans was probably 300 hours or so, then the warranty replacement lasted one evening didn't even make it overnight. They wouldn't warranty the second one since it was a replacement.