Portable Generators--What Brand?

OP
DAD

DAD

FNG
One year with mine, bought it based on a friends recommendation, he’s used one for quite awhile. It runs our cabin flawlessly and quiet. The price is so good that I had to try it over the Honda.
I really want to go with the Honda 2200 or 3000, but I keep hearing so many good things about the Predators.

I know Project Farm did a review on generators and the Honda came out on top, where the predator had some wear.

I can get a large, quiet Predator for significantly cheaper than a Honda of similar size.

Torn on what to do.

Dogone

FNG
Yamaha 3000 inverter. Can hook to my house through a lock out switch. Powers freezers, furnace ,water system and lights no problem. Excellent product.

I really want to go with the Honda 2200 or 3000, but I keep hearing so many good things about the Predators.

I know Project Farm did a review on generators and the Honda came out on top, where the predator had some wear.

I can get a large, quiet Predator for significantly cheaper than a Honda of similar size.

Torn on what to do.
IMO Hondas often enjoy extended longevity due to the fact that people pay out the nose and are careful with maintenance. I'm sure they're the best, but the question is how much better are they and if you maintain a cheaper gennie will it also last? I see people taking Hondas in annually for routine maintenance with hardly any use on them. If you can buy three Predators for the price of a Honda will the Honda last three times as long as well maintained Predators? Opinions vary. The Honda will be quieter, how much quieter is open to interpretation.

I got 2 for sale…lol

Had to put new carbs on both of them.

View attachment 635021
View attachment 635022
I don't know if this is the case in your situation, but that fuel with ethanol is hell on carbs. If you cannot find fuel without it either run your generator empty before putting it away, or drain the fuel into a gas can and then run it dry. I learned that the hard way.

I don't know if this is the case in your situation, but that fuel with ethanol is hell on carbs. If you cannot find fuel without it either run your generator empty before putting it away, or drain the fuel into a gas can and then run it dry.
Always always always run the fuel out! I've never had an issue with anything carb'd when I've done that, lawn mowers, 4 wheelers, gennies, water pumps, anything.

sasquatch

WKR
IMO Hondas often enjoy extended longevity due to the fact that people pay out the nose and are careful with maintenance. I'm sure they're the best, but the question is how much better are they and if you maintain a cheaper gennie will it also last? I see people taking Hondas in annually for routine maintenance with hardly any use on them. If you can buy three Predators for the price of a Honda will the Honda last three times as long as well maintained Predators? Opinions vary. The Honda will be quieter, how much quieter is open to interpretation.

I am a quality type person and likely would buy the Honda

But the real way to think of it is, since the Predator is half the price, is one Honda better than 2 predators?? Probably not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ALways use non-ethanol in carb motors and always run the fuel out. Words to live by.