Poop shovels

You keep talking about the impact of the land. Shit above ground or below ground has the same effect, the only difference is the visual aspect. And the only time I run across other hunters piles is usually at the trail head, which I will agree is off-putting. In that case I do bury it, but in the back country, not a chance.
Not true. It breaks down faster and is way less likely to contaminate water when properly buried. Look into it.

I am amazed how many of you seem to have dirt. I would have to carry a pick. Should an unplanned emergency occur - I look for a convenient crack in the outcrop. A rock cover seems to solve most of the problems.

The elk feed at night 3-5 miles away and then bed down in the rocks for the day. Outcrop hunting is what I got.
Understandable. There are definitely cases where it isn’t possible to bury. I encounter them myself on occasion. But whenever possible I dig a small cat hole.

I thought you were done!?
I am done arguing with you about pointless things like… who is a “triggered snowflake” and your lack of credibility on military matters. That response was in hopes that you’d educate yourself a little on leave no trace principles. If you can’t be bothered to understand the basic facts I suppose you are a lost cause altogether.

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
If you had to chit right outside your house would you surface chit, kick a small depression with your heel, cover it with a rock or dig a hole?
I have poop on my lawn all the time, I pick it up and toss it in the trash.

intunegp

WKR
If you had to chit right outside your house would you surface chit, kick a small depression with your heel, cover it with a rock or dig a hole?

I have poop on my lawn all the time, I pick it up and toss it in the trash.

Reading is hard. But if the surface shitters would pick it up and take it with them this would be a non-issue for everyone since they're giant sacks of shit already!

hh76

Lil-Rokslider
Reading is hard. But if the surface shitters would pick it up and take it with them this would be a non-issue for everyone since they're giant sacks of shit already!
Reading is tough, but I made it through that post just fine. I was making a subtle joke about how a yard is a completely different scenario. Pooping in a remote camp site is not the same as pooping in my yard. If I had to poop I'm my yard once or twice, I would pick it up just like I do my dog's. If I have to poop once or twice at a remote campsite, I would bury.

Edit:. Gross story about me. I've actually had to poop in my yard, one time in the past. I owned a one bath house, and spent a few weeks remodeling the bath. I normally used the toilet at work for my daily business, but one time things got away from me at home. Garbage bag in a pail, and into the trash.

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I am done arguing with you about pointless things like… who is a “triggered snowflake” and your lack of credibility on military matters. That response was in hopes that you’d educate yourself a little on leave no trace principles. If you can’t be bothered to understand the basic facts I suppose you are a lost cause altogether.
I find it funny that people who take offence at being described by their actions have no issue using effectively meaningless terms to describe others in response. People who lie are liars, people who kill without justification are murders, people who steal are thieves, people who poo on the surface and leave it are surface shitters, people who drink excessive amounts of alcohol are alcoholics. If someone finds the term insulting, they should change their actions. I mean, surface shitters could call me a 'cat holer' or 'subsurface shitter' as an insult and I would wear the sobriquet with pride.

This reminds me of a joke.

An Irishman is drinking and looking really low. A traveler stops to talk with him and asks him why he is so down. The Irishman answers, "See that bridge over there, I built it with me own two hands, but does anyone call be O'Malley the Bridge Builder? NO. See those houses over there, I built them too, but does anyone call me O'Malley the Home Builder? NO. BUT, you f**k one sheep....."

Last edited:
There’s no argument to be had, you’ve won that title fair and square little buddy!

I just came across this thread. There's something seriously wrong with all of us here. This chart may be helpful for you budding gastroenterologist type maybe to make some helpful dietary fiber or giardia suggestions if you run into a "surface shitter"on the trail. I'm sure they'd appreciate your help. If you see something near the trail that looks like an "Italian Sculpture " I'm nearby watch your elk. ( by the way this is a legit medical chart)
download.png

4 pages.
Just incredible.😂
Funny, I was just going to say that it’s amazing that the topic of poop shovels can go this far and then a topic I’m actually interested in will sometimes die a quick and quiet death when it looked like it had some legs. After this made it past the first page I realized that the skies the limit for this one. So many directions to go, though it seemed like there was only one. Que Michael Jackson eating popcorn.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Funny, I was just going to say that it’s amazing that the topic of poop shovels can go this far and then a topic I’m actually interested in will sometimes die a quick and quiet death when it looked like it had some legs. After this made it past the first page I realized that the skies the limit for this one. So many directions to go, though it seemed like there was only one. Que Michael Jackson eating popcorn.
I think it is because none of use feel like pulling out popcorn to read a discussion on how best to use a tripod, or why a 5W PLB signal is better than a 2W inReach signal, Etc because you don't get the conflict or to see how many different ways one person can try to call another person white trash without actually saying it. A microcosm of the proof humans are not inherently good, to include myself (as evidence by my repeated posts on this thread).

It is even more amusing as the trash talk gets old and I'm really glad the mods manage things as well as they do. Yet, here I am coming back to read the thread and giving it a bump back to the top by posting. Guess I should be a better person and ignore any new posts....but then I would likely prove my lack of self control to myself. So, I will make no such plans.

Tod osier

WKR
I think it is because none of use feel like pulling out popcorn to read a discussion on how best to use a tripod, or why a 5W PLB signal is better than a 2W inReach signal, Etc because you don't get the conflict or to see how many different ways one person can try to call another person white trash without actually saying it. A microcosm of the proof humans are not inherently good, to include myself (as evidence by my repeated posts on this thread).

It is even more amusing as the trash talk gets old and I'm really glad the mods manage things as well as they do. Yet, here I am coming back to read the thread and giving it a bump back to the top by posting. Guess I should be a better person and ignore any new posts....but then I would likely prove my lack of self control to myself. So, I will make no such plans.

I'm happy to argue with you about a PLB vs an inReach.

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
anybody try these puppies?
That’s interesting.

I’m gonna leave this here for all you surface shitters and cat holers alike.

The bottom line is that as outdoorsmen, we need to be cognizant of how our actions - both individually and collectively - affect the wild areas we want to keep wild. If we don’t protect it, we’ll lose it.

Last edited:
My apologies fellas I did not read the entire thread before posting. I intially thought it was a joke. Anyway I'm gonna head over to the" ball chafing" thread to see if there is any new helpful information. Good day to all

My mother in law had to take my dog to the vet after a hike and sit with her for hours after some surface shitting libtards left a dose of DOPE laced poo along the trail. She tripped balls for hours. Wtf

I wasn't to concerned before, and my dog isn't usually a poo eater but I guess when its laced with drugs and other delish bits she couldn't resist.

I wasn't to concerned with it before but now that it has effected my family I'm an anti surface shitting activist.

And yes my dog know your honey holes. We do alot of hiking.