Point Creep Got Me

Hnthrdr

WKR
Anyone know what would happen if you were a NR, DIY hunting in wilderness? I mean what are the repercussions?

jmez

WKR
Anyone know what would happen if you were a NR, DIY hunting in wilderness? I mean what are the repercussions?
They will ticket you on the spot. If you have a dead animal I'm sure you will be paying damages and have hunting privileges revoked for a few years.

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk

Hnthrdr

WKR
See to me that is WILD! You can fish, backpack, predator hunt, but they second you hunt back there without a guide, BAM! Haha if anything I’m envious of it being from Co, I have spots in eastern Wyo to hunt so not a concern but I’m kind of surprised someone hasn’t brought a suit against that rule…

Archer86

WKR
See to me that is WILD! You can fish, backpack, predator hunt, but they second you hunt back there without a guide, BAM! Haha if anything I’m envious of it being from Co, I have spots in eastern Wyo to hunt so not a concern but I’m kind of surprised someone hasn’t brought a suit against that rule…
Wyoming wilderness rule sucks along with the alaskas guide rule as well I would be fine with both going away

Would take some pressure off the areas I hunt in national forest if the wilderness rule was eliminated

Willie IV

FNG
I'm a NR with 5 WY elk points. I applied for the general tag in Region W. Standard license - wasn't paying the extra $$$ for the special. Will 5 NR points get that tag for 2024?

I'm a NR with 5 WY elk points. I applied for the general tag in Region W. Standard license - wasn't paying the extra $$$ for the special. Will 5 NR points get that tag for 2024?
Nobody knows, but many speculate that W will be higher points now. My wife has 4 and she applied for S hoping that it sags a little. We'll all find out this summer.

drdrop

FNG
A suit was brought up and the WY Supreme Court ruled 3-2 against the NR hunter in 1986.