Podcasts, why do you listen

Why do you listen to podcasts?

• Information (cut the BS'ing out completely)

• Entertainment (could care less about information quality)

• Primarily information, but also entertainment (BS'ing is ok, but overall I want information)

• Prmarily entertainment, but also for information (BS'ing is great, just have something useful too)

• What's a podcast?

Results are only viewable after voting.

lukebrowning

Lil-Rokslider
Hard pass on most podcasts, especially hunting or politics. Listen to Spitting Chiclets during the season, otherwise mostly audio books for me.

Cracking up at these guys going out of their way to post on an Internet forum saying they don’t listen to podcasts because “they have better things to do.”
Lol. Yep. They got fields to plow on their horses sir!!! Real men don't listen to podcasts!!! They only have extra time in the day to make condescending posts on internet forums!!!

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

Alessio

FNG
I like about 1 out of 20 songs so the radio is not an option for my commute.

On my morning drive I get caught up on what our law makers are plotting or I try learning spanish. I don't listen to these on the way home because I don't want to walk in the door all frustrated.

After work I listen to mma or firearm/ hunting podcasts so I'm in a light fun mood when I get home.

I got other things to do
Many of which can be done with a podcast playing...

I listen to them a lot working, my hearing protection is a BT headset.

I'm in between info and entertainment. A lot of podcast listening is stuff I have some base curiosity about, but wouldn't read a book or article about.

Probably my favorite podcast is Cocaine & Rhinestones, zero BSing, just the host talking about the history of country music.

A close second is Well There's Your Problem, they have a LOT of BSing, but I generally find it amusing, so I'm fine with it. Lol

For me, It's hard to listen to hunting podcasts anymore. There's only so many ways podcasters can spin doing basically the same thing to kill an animal.
Same...

It's all a bunch of boring macho gum flapping...

Only one I ever really got into was the early Meateater stuff, where they weren't really talking about hunting.

I really appreciate posts like this as it gives “podcasters” feedback on what listeners actually care about. I’m fully aware no one cares about our personal life, banter about a sports team, or anything else outside the realm of nutrition. I try very hard to have a theme/questions/focused topic for each episode for that very reason.

Thanks for the survey/post, @Marbles .

thinny

FNG
I like listening to people who have interesting guests, on and off key topics and can admit they aren't perfect. Nothing is more annoying than listening to someone talk about how they are the only one who knows anything.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
I can read on a subject for hours. Podcasts just don’t hold my interest, I’ve tried but just tune out. Not sure why. So I turn on music.

I've recently started listening to podcast fiction stories. It's like a movie but podcast/audio book style. It's not like a normal audio book where someone is just reading the book, their acted out eith immersion sound. Pretty damn cool. Couple that I've listened too that I really liked-

Blackout
Manitowoc caves
Tower 4

Sent from my SM-S921U using Tapatalk

buffybr

Lil-Rokslider
My attention span with Podcasts is about 5 seconds. I really tried, but dang! Booooooring.

I have zero interest.
This is kind of like my thoughts also.

I've known Randy Newberg (Hunt Talk) for about 30 years. I like his Forum and like his videos, but I have a hard time watching his or anyone elses podcasts.

Then several months ago Randy texted me that he had mentioned me in one of his podcasts, so, of course, I had to watch that entire podcast.:)

Reactions: AZ8