Please Welcome Billy Molls - Newest Rokslide Pro Staff/Field Editor

D

david long

All,

Please join me in congratulating/welcoming Billy Molls as the latest Rokslide Pro Staff/Field Editor. Billy's extensive knowledge of hunting Alaska will be a great addition to the Rokslide team.

billymolls.jpg
For over 70 years Billy’s grandfather made a living as a professional fur trapper. At the age of 4, Billy became his trapping partner, and has been trapping, hunting, or fishing ever since. After graduating high school, Billy left the family farm in Wisconsin, and headed North to Alaska to blaze a trail for his own career in the outdoors. For the past 15 years he has guided big game hunters across The Last Frontier for Brown bear, grizzly bear, moose, caribou, Dall sheep, and wolf. During the first 9 years of his guiding career, Billy would head to Idaho as soon as he finished his Alaska season, and guide there for elk, mule deer, and bighorn sheep. For four consecutive years, between Alaska and Idaho, Billy lived as many as 240 days of the year in a tent, but he currently spends an average of 100 days guiding in the bush of Alaska.

Since his very first hunt in Alaska, Billy has had a video camera is hand the entire time. He produces a unique line of hunting videos titled, “The Modern Day Mountain Man.” With a focus on the wilderness lifestyle and raw adventure, Billy is currently in production of his 10th Alaskan hunting DVD and his first book.

Billy’s Alaskan hunting dvd’s can be purchased in the Rokslide store.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Congrats Billy, sounds like you'll fit right in with the great staff of Rokslide! And that's a huge bear! ;)

OP
R

rebecca francis

Welcome Billy! What a great bear! Exciting to have you on board!

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Welcome Billy. If you guys haven't watched his videos I highly reccomend it. He's got a pile of great footage. Probably should own the whole set, but don't yet.

Welcome aboard Billy look forward to hearing your throughts on things, though I don't expect to hear much from ya August-October :D

7mag.

WKR
Welcome, Billy. I look forward to some more awesome Alaskan hunting stories. That bear looks huge.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the team Billy! I look forward tot he knowledge you will bring to the site! I have a few questions for you about getting up to AK to take down a Yukon Moose!

billy molls

Super Moderator
Thank you all for the warm welcome! Forums are completely new to me. I just learned what "PC" meant a few weeks ago, but I hope I have enough to offer on the hunting front to make up for my lack of computer prowess. I've seen some great stuff so far. I am excited to be a part of Rokslide!