Please Help: Christmas Ideas for Husband

OP
H
Wow, kudos to you. I sure wish my wife would do this haha (jk she is awesome) love ya hun!!

Maybe a set of 3 Iron Will Broadheads? this is one of those purchases I as an archer have a hard time paying for myself- but would absolutely love it if I got them as a gift. Just make sure you know what grain (weight) of head he shoots on his arrows- probably either 100g or 125g. And go with the solids not the vented imo.
I love this suggestion, thank you! Unfortunately I don’t know the weight he would want. I emailed the company asking for their guidance based off of the details I do know. Thank you!

I wouldn't want my wife buying me any hunting gear and if she bought me anything suggested here I would be disappointed. Not because they are not good items but because I have them or they arent for my style. If she got me a gift card I would be much happier. When I get a gift card I try to find something I want but may not have wanted to spend the money on before. Just another thing to think about.

OP
H
Couple of big hits for me this year.
  • Bino harnnes ( will need to know his bino size and brand, FHF can help with a call) https://fhfgear.com/collections/hunting/products/bino-harness-pro-m
  • Carbon fiber trekking poles - Costco , killer deal, two sets $60
  • Idaho’s Greatest Mule Deer:
    2nd Edition by Ryan Hatfield, Ryan is a great guy and will sign it and personalize an inscription from you to your husband. Books is full of great short stories to keep you motivated for next year.
    https://www.idahobiggame.com/#!/books

• Great sock, game changer this year fo me.
Amazing suggestions. I wouldn’t have thought of nice socks, thank you!

Northpark

WKR
If you would like a gift under the tree many of the items above are great. I second some of the knife suggestions.

I would also add a petzl bindi headlamp (can’t have too many headlamps) to the idea list or as far as other electronics maybe a garmin inreach.

Otherwise maybe just a nice note with either a gift card to black Ovis, thermarest, stone glacier, kuiu, Sitka etc. or as others have suggested some cash towards tags and a guilt free hunting trip. I think many of us would admit to feeling guilty about the money spent on tags or gas from time to time.

OP
H
I wouldn't want my wife buying me any hunting gear and if she bought me anything suggested here I would be disappointed. Not because they are not good items but because I have them or they arent for my style. If she got me a gift card I would be much happier. When I get a gift card I try to find something I want but may not have wanted to spend the money on before. Just another thing to think about.
So true. Seems like the general consensus is letting him do the picking. It’s overwhelming trying to find something unique that he would like that he hasn’t mentioned to me. But better to have him love something he picks rather than me missing the mark with a surprise.

280Ackley

WKR
My wife got me a Benchmade hidden canyon. It is the best knife I’ve ever had. You can probably find one at your local sporting goods store. You could get it engraved to make it special.

So true. Seems like the general consensus is letting him do the picking. It’s overwhelming trying to find something unique that he would like that he hasn’t mentioned to me. But better to have him love something he picks rather than me missing the mark with a surprise.
I can only counter with the fact some of the best gifts I received from my wife of 27 years is one she picked out. Because she put her heart in to it. It wouldn't matter if it was a pink scarf with purple polka dots, my hunting buddies would just have to deal with it.
If it comes from her its special.
Some of my favorite things are gifts she purchase or made when we didn't have two nickel's to rub together. Not to sound to sappy, guess I am. But as you get older you learn how special those things really are. The fact you came on here and are trying to find the "perfect gift", I'm willing to bet he will love anything you get for him.

ODB

WKR
Buy that dude some Victorinox butchering knives and a big old le crueset pot for braising. He'll use those things year round

And neither will get in the way of his particular hunting stuff... unless hes already got them.

@HuntersWife2017

Pro953

WKR
Hmmm... for our family time is always the scarce element. Although that is a hard one to “give” any way you can tell him. Go play, all is good at home, is a big plus.

That said, if the bought me a nice knife that was engraved with a message from her, I think that would
Mean a lot when I broke it out to skin a animal.

Good luck, just taking the time to join up here and ask would/should mean a lot to any husband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is generally right, my family tries to buy me hunting gifts and I like to buy my own. BUT a lot of hunters lose or break something they love during season. Hopefully he has and you know what it is, or can figure it out. I would rather have a replacement $20 piece of gear I know than a $150 “something new”.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
My wife always says that I'm impossible to buy for because I'm so picky, and if I wanted or needed it I'd already have it. She's absolutely right. Especially with my hunting gear.....everything has to meet my demands and specs are important. She has no idea what that even means, so it's best when she avoids it altogether. So this year she noticed that the tread is wearing thin on my truck tires, and she knows that I'll wear those things down to slicks before I spend my money on new tires. So she got me new tires for the truck as an early Christmas gift.

hunt1up

WKR
I also tend to buy all of my own hunting gear. My wife wouldn't know where to begin but she knows that I generally buy myself all that I need and then some.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but you could go the Benchmade knife route as mentioned and have it customized. You can add images and text to the blade and it doesn't really cost much extra. If the budget is greater than that then use the rest toward a gift card.

I don't know if you'd get the knife in time for Christmas though. You might need to call Benchmade and ask.

Hamp1127

Lil-Rokslider
Hello!
I’m hoping for your help! Of course, last minute shopper.. but looking for your suggestions for a Christmas present for my husband. Please forgive me if I don’t know all the details of his interests.
I was thinking something along the lines of new knife set for hunting (mule deer), archery practice items, anything that would make his hunting trips more comfortable (new sleeping pad?)
I know this is a terribly wide range, but given the influence this site has had on our bank account, 😉 I know I’m coming to the right people for answers!
I believe you're at a disadvantage. Every hunter has his own style outside of the necessities which I'm sure he's already taken care of. I would go another route and leave the gear to his choosing.

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
How about you give him a hunting trip...with you. Something you can do together. His favorite hobby with his favorite wife (I am assuming you are his favorite wife!). It could be short and close to home or a longer one. Let your imagination go.

Rich M

WKR
My wife and I go easy on gifts at holidays cause we get what we want during the year. But nothing says - "luv ya" like a gift - thinking along the lines of a large stocking kind of gift here. Maybe a series of little things to go with a gift card, or note saying "buy yer own stuff at the end of season sales in another month"....

I'm not a big time western hunter or even a wanna-be. Go now and again and enjoy it tho. My stuff is based more on practicality, durability and longevity.

I run a Buck 110 hunting knife - it is heavy but holds an edge for multiple critters and will last a lifetime and the lifetime of whoever gets it after that. $50 Most guys on here probably use these disposable blade plastic light knife things - sharp as all get-out, just cost a lot in the long run IMO.

Socks - I use Cabelas Ultimax Socks - they work well in hot and cold. Also think they have a lifetime guaranty. Of what I have, 2 pairs that are 20 years old - wife got em for me... LOL!

Wool hunting gloves? They stay warm when wet.

Fleece beanie hunting hat? Them things are warm.

Disposable hand warmers?

Fire starter? They have these ferrous iron sticks that are pretty cool - work good too.

First aid kit?

Wind finder - wind direction powder for close in stalking. It's like baby powder in a little bottle - shows wind direction.

A head net/face mask or camo paint stuff - hide yer face from the critters. I use a head net all the time when close in hunting. Not so much with gun hunting.

How about a flask and a bottle of his favorite nippy drink?

Does he fish? A few more of whatever he has in his tackle box wouldn't hurt either.

Not sure if he'd use or appreciate most of this stuff but it is pretty "vanilla" while saying I thought about you.

Darn tough socks OR an activity together that he really enjoys and you do not enjoy as much...

Stay away from the gear...although the thought is nice...he will want to pick hunting gear out himself.