Please Help: Christmas Ideas for Husband

Hello!
I’m hoping for your help! Of course, last minute shopper.. but looking for your suggestions for a Christmas present for my husband. Please forgive me if I don’t know all the details of his interests.
I was thinking something along the lines of new knife set for hunting (mule deer), archery practice items, anything that would make his hunting trips more comfortable (new sleeping pad?)
I know this is a terribly wide range, but given the influence this site has had on our bank account, 😉 I know I’m coming to the right people for answers!

Sweet knives but pricy
Can’t ever have too many targets
Stocking stuffer

ahlgringo

WKR
Wow, kudos to you. I sure wish my wife would do this haha (jk she is awesome) love ya hun!!

Maybe a set of 3 Iron Will Broadheads? this is one of those purchases I as an archer have a hard time paying for myself- but would absolutely love it if I got them as a gift. Just make sure you know what grain (weight) of head he shoots on his arrows- probably either 100g or 125g. And go with the solids not the vented imo.

accurat

FNG
Great recommendation on the Robby Denning book! It's a great "read" and gets the hunting juices flowing almost instantly! Knives are a personal thing....I'd let him pick unless you know what he's after.

92xj

WKR
I ask my wife to not spend a dime on me for gifts. Just leave that my money where it is and let him take it out for tags and fuel on hunting trips without giving him any crap.

My wife does a great job at Christmas and birthdays. For the most part never a gift wrapped and never gives me any crap when it comes to hunting related purchases I do during the year.

Couple of big hits for me this year.
  • Bino harnnes ( will need to know his bino size and brand, FHF can help with a call) https://fhfgear.com/collections/hunting/products/bino-harness-pro-m
  • Carbon fiber trekking poles - Costco , killer deal, two sets $60
  • Idaho’s Greatest Mule Deer:
    2nd Edition by Ryan Hatfield, Ryan is a great guy and will sign it and personalize an inscription from you to your husband. Books is full of great short stories to keep you motivated for next year.
    https://www.idahobiggame.com/#!/books

• Great sock, game changer this year fo me.

Missahba

Lil-Rokslider
A 3d mule deer target if he shoots at home

A bow press

Dozen arrows to match what he uses, trimmed to his length

A membership at an archery club, range, etc.

Rob5589

WKR
Darn Tough merino socks
Outdoor Edge Razor Pro knife
Kuiu Yukon gaiters

Sleeping pad is tough to recommend. Really depends on weather he hunts in, how he sleeps, height, etc. Maybe a gift cert to Exped, Klymit, or Thermarest

I'm somewhat embarrassed to be the one to explain this to you but,

When two people are married and love each other very much. . . They sometimes. . . Exchange gift cards or even cash because they know their spouse has their eye on something or don't want to feel guilty about expenses!

Or any of the awesome suggestions above would do as well!

(One of my best birthday presents was an envelope full of cash, I was planning on not taking a hunting trip because money was tight and we were busy, she made it happen for me that year!)

Hello!
I’m hoping for your help! Of course, last minute shopper.. but looking for your suggestions for a Christmas present for my husband. Please forgive me if I don’t know all the details of his interests.
I was thinking something along the lines of new knife set for hunting (mule deer), archery practice items, anything that would make his hunting trips more comfortable (new sleeping pad?)
I know this is a terribly wide range, but given the influence this site has had on our bank account, 😉 I know I’m coming to the right people for answers!
A benchmade hunting knife - prices vary by model so you should be able to find something that will work in your budget. Benchmade has a lifesharp policy and will clean and sharpen your knife for free. I send mine in every year after hunting season and it comes back looking like new. I would do one with S30v or S90v steel.

Wapiti1

WKR
First suggestion is socks. Good merino socks. Darn Tough, Farm to Feet, Smartwool. Nylon/merino blend socks.

Good knife sharpening system never hurt. Worksharp Ken Onion, or one of the Lansky sets. Can also be used for broadhead sharpening.

Others have mentioned it and it seems impersonal, but a gift card isn't a bad thought.

If he has a pack from a name brand like Kifaru, or Mystery Ranch, maybe some add ons like belt pouches, stuff sacks.

Good game bags are always worthwhile.

Write in Rain notepads if he likes to take notes, or for DOPE cards, or to journal. Not sure if he is into that. I like to take notes and write when I hunt.

Jeremy

mt100gr.

WKR
What state and what type of mule deer hunting are we talking, here? And what is something that you suspect he is "getting by"? And, of course, budget?

OP
H
A copy of Hunting Big Mule Deer by Robby Denning and a Ryan Avery signature series Venus razor both come instantly to mind.
Thank you so much for this suggestion, and I knew I came to the right place..that book has been read and is one of his favorites!