Plantars Faciaitis

grfox92

WKR
Back in 2015 I injured my right foot carrying out a heavy buck and round up with planters fasciitis in my right foot. The pain was concentrated specifically in the arch of my foot. I dealt with it for over a month and then was recommended a boot to wear overnight purchase one on Amazon and voila The planners for shiites went away permanently.

Until last week not sure what happened can't link it to any specific incident but it's back in a completely different location. It's pretty intense pain deep in my heel of my right foot nothing in the arch of my foot.

As usual with plantars fasciitis it gets better after I walk around out of bed. By the end by the end of the day being on my feet all day as I'm a carpenter The pain gets progressively worse.

Elk archery opener is in 18 days and I fully intend on hitting it hard but this is going to be a problem. I gave the boot away a couple years ago to a friend who needed it and now I live 2,300 mi away. I order another one it'll be here on Saturday I'm hoping it'll give me some relief.

The information on the internet is so varied from so many different sources. Anybody had success in kicking this do I need to be wearing stiff shoes with a high arch support all day to help mitigate inflamming the tendon? Will taking a break to stretch throughout the day help just curious as to what guys who have been through this have done to get some relief.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Titan

WKR
roll it on a frozen water bottle.

If you have a shoe store in your area that sells Hokas, might be worth picking up one of their highly cushioned lines (either for everyday or a boot style).

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Might look into a special insole for that. I know my dad just had to get some and they have helped him a lot.

I had it pretty bad in both feet. A combination of decent arch support (I used to not wear any) and stretching every night and morning by sitting and pulling with a strap on the balls of my feet. That did the trick over a couple months. and was fine for about five years. Walmart has a Dr Scholls machine that will read your feet and specify a “custom” insert. Those worked .for awhile for heel pain. Maybe two years.

Finally I had to see a podiatrist. Because my feet are very flat over the years I’ve developed bunions on both big toes. They have a computerized pressure pad that reads the pressure in your feet as you walk. Then they made me a truly custom orthotic from the pressure pad data using a 3D printer. It worked like voodoo. My feet hurt so bad that I was ready to give them my life savings to make it stop. Ive been almost completely pain free for a year now. I wish I had gone to a podiatrist when I first started having the plantar fasciitis about eight years ago because I think it was a warning sign of things starting to break down.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I went from work shoes, Redwing to runner shoes and that did for me. After several weeks I went back to work shoes and have had no more issues. Worked for me.

Bl704

WKR
I had pf for about a year... Did shots in both feet, didn't help me. Compression socks-nope. Lacrosse ball, golf ball, bottle - some help. 'Picking up the towel from the floor with toes' - helped fairly well.

New sneakers, stretching my toes, and massaging (getting in between the toes) them in the shower helped. Picked up those tidbits from Wardo (Journal of Mountain Hunting Ep 243)

Knock on wood, I'm pain free now...

Owens

Lil-Rokslider
I dealt with it years ago when I first really started running. Time off of course to get rid of it. Once I was able to run again, I started trail running that seemed to really strengthen my calves and lower legs. I haven't had an issue with PF in years. But now for maintenance I stand or roll my feet on a lacrosse ball while I brush my teeth every day. I do it twice a day when my calves or feet start to feel tight. Probably not a great idea for you to try right now, but once it goes away that might help with long term maintenance.

KJStechly

Lil-Rokslider
So I’ve been dealing with foot pain for a while and here’s what I’ve learned:

Plantar fasciitis isn’t necessarily a specific condition affecting a specific muscle/ tendon. It simply means plantar (bottom of foot) fasciitis( inflamed fascia). The fascia is the ligaments around the tendons in the bottom of your feet. You have 5 major tendons running from the root of your heel all the way up to the ball of your feet. This is where they tie into you toes. This is why when you get a foot cramp your toes often curl.

This procedure was recommended to me by my Pediatrist:

Sit on the couch and roll a tennis ball under your feet. Once this doesn’t hurt, start using a racket ball. Once that is comfortable, move up to a golf ball

Another thing that I have done is replaced all my insoles with dr. Scholls extra support. This has made all the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowhuntone

Lil-Rokslider
start an anit inflammatory med right away, ibuprofen ect.
stretch calf / achilles tendon

arch support all the time on hard surfaces including at home

One of my biggest relief factors was not going barefoot. I have worn Whites Loggers for 30 years and they have an extremely high arch built in. Wearing a good, padded sneaker when I'm in the house helps immensely.

dpat

FNG
Brooks Beast for tennis shoes helped my feet lots. I have recently got a pair of the Skechers Max Cushioning tennis shoes and really like those as I'm on my feet all. day.

mlgc20

WKR
I had PF pretty bad as well. What helped me was getting in the habit of stretching my Achilles and calves. I'm not sure of the why, although my podiatrist explained it to me. But, I would stretch those multiple times each day. I could do it while on phone calls or watching TV or whatever. It was easy and very effective.

EKyhookr

FNG
Low dye strapping with Leuko tape will hold up for several days and gives me great relief and support

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grossklw

Lil-Rokslider
Eccentric calf raises, but it's not a short term fix (6-8 week deal before a major difference). To go on your hunt the boot for a couple weeks may not be a bad idea. Problem is when you get out of the boot usually it's a weaning type thing, which you don't have time to do. For my patients my go-to's are toe stretch at the wall, water bottle at night, eccentric calf raises, and gastroc/soleus stretch at the wall. Can also try reverse-6 taping with leukotape (just google it). You can do some tooling to it as well but I'm not a big manual therapy PT.

bobr1

WKR
Had it several times in the military. One of the things that helped the most was a lacrosse ball to roll my foot on which was recommended to me by my doc. They are cheap and you can pack them if you need to bring them in a trip.

Zoso5150

WKR
Back in 2015 I injured my right foot carrying out a heavy buck and round up with planters fasciitis in my right foot. The pain was concentrated specifically in the arch of my foot. I dealt with it for over a month and then was recommended a boot to wear overnight purchase one on Amazon and voila The planners for shiites went away permanently.

Until last week not sure what happened can't link it to any specific incident but it's back in a completely different location. It's pretty intense pain deep in my heel of my right foot nothing in the arch of my foot.

As usual with plantars fasciitis it gets better after I walk around out of bed. By the end by the end of the day being on my feet all day as I'm a carpenter The pain gets progressively worse.

Elk archery opener is in 18 days and I fully intend on hitting it hard but this is going to be a problem. I gave the boot away a couple years ago to a friend who needed it and now I live 2,300 mi away. I order another one it'll be here on Saturday I'm hoping it'll give me some relief.

The information on the internet is so varied from so many different sources. Anybody had success in kicking this do I need to be wearing stiff shoes with a high arch support all day to help mitigate inflamming the tendon? Will taking a break to stretch throughout the day help just curious as to what guys who have been through this have done to get some relief.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Are you a stomach sleeper? Sleeping with your ankles straightened relaxes your calf muscles and they tighten overnight. By buddy told me this and it worked for me--> trying hanging your feet off the side or end of the bed so your ankles can be more at a natural 90 degree angle.

Also, make sure your daily shoes have some heel to them. I had this issue with one pair I was wearing daily to work, replaced the cheap insoles with Dr. Scholls and, viola! Gone.

I fixed both these issues and haven't had any issues since. Good luck.

Yarak

WKR
start an anit inflammatory med right away, ibuprofen ect.
stretch calf / achilles tendon

arch support all the time on hard surfaces including at home
This^^^^ exactly this^^^^
if you go to the doc this will be the first thing they’ll have you do
Trust me you do not want to get the shot in your heel like I had
That brought tears to my eyes

JohnB

WKR
I haven't had plantar fasciitis but have dealt with some pain in the ball of my foot. I tried rolling with a lacrosse ball and felt like it didn't do enough for me. A friend recommended a Beastie Ball and I've been very happy with it. It's a spiky ball the size of a lacrosse ball and you can really work it into tender spots. I'd recommend starting with the softer version rather than the firm which initially feels like something from the Spanish Inquisition.

tuffcity

WKR
Had it in my left foot a couple of years ago. Nasty stuff. Tried the bottle/ball under foot, stretching exercises, etc. Finally went to my physiotherapist and she used acupuncture. Cleared up in a week and hasn't been back. Damn painful needles but well worth it!