Pistol red dot wont zero?

Damartin95

Lil-Rokslider
I need Some help here guys. I gave a sig p320 xfive legion with a sig romeo 1pro mounted on it. No matter what I do I cannot zero the optic. The poi is always lower than the poa like 2 feet low at 15 yards. Elevation is maxed out.I also tried shiming the rear of the red dot, even with stupid large shim it's still shooting about a foot low.

Last edited:

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
that sucks. maybe find a buddy with a different red dot to verify the slide wasn't milled wrong?

the romeo zero elite on my P322 lasted two mags. Sig didn't even ask me to send it in, just sent me a new one. doesn't instill a lot of confidence. yay for quick and responsive customer service i guess.

Flyrodr

FNG
So was the red dot cut a factory job, or an after market cut? Was the dot mounted from the factory? Is there a plate between the slide and the dot? Is it factory? Just trying to eliminate, or maybe suggest, suspect areas.

Does the dot adjust vertically at all? If you turn the vertical adjustment the other way, is the dot moving even lower? (Asking because I once bought a red dot that had an arrow pointed one way to raise the POI, but the manual said to turn it the other way to raise the POI - - - speaking of "lost in translation").

Does the pistol shoot POA=POI with the irons? Are those stock?

First thing is, as stated previously, have another good shooter verify the extent of the error. If consistent with your results, and all the parts are factory-installed by Sig, I'd pack up the pistol and sent it back to them with a full explanation and test target (better yet, a target from you and one from another shooter). If slide cut and mounting were done by a gunsmith, I'd visit him.