Pickup muffler

Good luck with any toyota not being noisy. I love my Sequoia, and previous Tacomas and 4runner. The only think I would change about them is how noisy they are. Put aggressive tires on the sequoia and it doesnt really get any louder. I've never paid much attention to the engine noise on any of them, but my wifes 4cyl camry is a loud high revving machine
My wfe had an Avalon TRD, and it was the only v6 with factory performance exhaust that I've liked. They usually sound really tinny and staccato compared to a throaty, burbling v8.

CorbLand

WKR
just saying if you want to hang with the cool kids......

Put a couple glass packs on it and cut them off right at the end of the cab, start of the bed. No worries of ever falling asleep while driving.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
There must be some mistake....Toyotas never need replacement parts.

OP-I would be cautious about the suggestions from performance muffler afficionados.
You can set up a constant drone at freeway speeds that becomes an annoyance.
I would stick with as close to stock as possible.
It's mostly a Toyota thing to put a loud exhaust on a vehicle that will never flow the type of CFM that requires an exhaust upgrade.
It's just for attention.
No need to troll Toyota threads/comments.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There must be some mistake....Toyotas never need replacement parts.
I don't know........even stainless steel pipes and mufflers tend to rust out from my experience. Four mufflers and pipes in 34 years......that's almost a routine 8-9 year maintenance item. I'm OK with that, especially with what I put that pickup through. I just finally got the front fender rusted out spots in front of the doors in the last two years as well.

I would just get another oem one if available, or aftermarket stock replacement.

Most all the aftermarket performace type stuff will be much louder, and or cause droning at certain load/speed.