Picking Pants

Looking for input from people who have owned some of the upper end gear. Looking for some technical hunting pants.
I hunt whitetail and scout my way in so often don’t know my set up. Sometimes end up on the ground or in a tree. I live in Arkansas so temperature range from 20-80 but mostly between 30-50.
Looking at three main options but open to suggestions.
First lite corrugate foundry, SG Dehaviland Lite, Kuiu Pro/ Talus Hybrid.
Of a
Any input is appreciated thanks.
7f1d0e96b9d4fbff114f67c09407aa39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wnelson14

WKR

Endless threads about pants on the search function

OP
bigbuckbuster

Endless threads about pants on the search function

Thanks for the thread link. I believe I read many pages of that. Just looking for input specific to my scenario.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
I spend the majority of my time in SG Dehavilland Lite and Kuiu Katana Stretch Woven pants. Once the temp drops and snow hits, I switch to Kuiu Axis or SG M7s. Side zips to dump heat are a must for me now.

Mojave

WKR
I buy clothing based on how it fits first because that is the function I care the most about.

Then:

I want breathable stuff to do that.

I want water proof stuff to do that.

I want warm stuff to be warm.

I want wind proof stuff to be that.

I prefer solid forest green, but will take most camo patterns.

I don't want it to be crazy heavy.

My personal favorite patterns are Verde and Vias.

In the old days I was pretty excited about military patterns Navy Type 2 and Navy Type 1, AUSCAM, AUS Multi-Cam, Tropentarn, Flecktarn, Marpat, Multi-Tiger. Still excited about them, and would be happy with those patterns.

Sitka's patterns are also good.

Never got caught up in "realtree or mossy oak type patterns".

nosajnh

FNG
I am looking for the same type of Pant and everything I have tried makes too much noise when you rub them together or against another fabric. So far I have tried the corrugate foundry, Sitka Mountain, Kings XKG preacher 2.0 and Kuiu axis hybrid Pant. Let's us know what you try and what you think. I liked all of the above pants, however they were too noisy for bow hunting distances especially inside 10 yds.

I hunt those temp ranges a lot in the north east. TBH a lot of pants will work. Sitkas traverse, apex and stratus are all worth a look. The stratus is bow hunting quiet while the others are quiet enough for most applications. I hunt their timberlines a little later in the season.

I have and don’t love a pair of corrugate foundry’s but it is mostly an issue of fit for me, so probably personal. Otherwise, a good set of pants.

kuiu attacks are my favorite pants and would work fine. You may want to layer in colder temps. The pros are nice for their knee pads. I also have come to like their axis hybrids but they are not as quiet As others.

OP
bigbuckbuster
I am looking for the same type of Pant and everything I have tried makes too much noise when you rub them together or against another fabric. So far I have tried the corrugate foundry, Sitka Mountain, Kings XKG preacher 2.0 and Kuiu axis hybrid Pant. Let's us know what you try and what you think. I liked all of the above pants, however they were too noisy for bow hunting distances especially inside 10 yds.

Just purchased the corrugate foundry used from a member on here. We will give them a go. I’m fairly new to bow hunting so I may come to the same conclusion on noise as you but they have to be better functionally and noise wise than the cheap stuff I’ve been using.

OP
bigbuckbuster
I hunt those temp ranges a lot in the north east. TBH a lot of pants will work. Sitkas traverse, apex and stratus are all worth a look. The stratus is bow hunting quiet while the others are quiet enough for most applications. I hunt their timberlines a little later in the season.

I have and don’t love a pair of corrugate foundry’s but it is mostly an issue of fit for me, so probably personal. Otherwise, a good set of pants.

kuiu attacks are my favorite pants and would work fine. You may want to layer in colder temps. The pros are nice for their knee pads. I also have come to like their axis hybrids but they are not as quiet As others.

I’m gonna give them a go but I think I’d like the pro as well.
Only thing that had me leaving corrugate foundry is the waterproof knees and butt but I’ve read some reviews saying it really isn’t waterproof so I guess I’ll just have to see. I was getting the paralysis analysis as if I was investing in real estate so just decided to try something out.

OP
bigbuckbuster
Little update, got some used corrugate foundry in the mail today. They are louder than expected but hoping they will still work for me. May end up selling and going to something quieter.

tysonmax

FNG

How are the Attacks fit-wise? I'm not a fan of tighter fitting pants, not that I want baggy but also not looking for spandex fit :)

I think they are snug. More than I would like.

I am 6’3”. 250#. Somewhere between dad bod and CrossFit. I wear 38 jeans.

i have tried 38 kuiu. the waist fits but there isn’t enough room in the seat and thighs. 40 works fine for me. FWIW I am XXL in most tops and need 3XL in kuiu.

croben

Lil-Rokslider
How are the Attacks fit-wise? I'm not a fan of tighter fitting pants, not that I want baggy but also not looking for spandex fit :)
I found the attacks to be tighter in the thighs. I like the Kuiu Kutana stretch woven pants for early season. I also like the Stone Glacier DH Lites, but they are a little louder than the Kutanas.

Brooks

WKR
6’2” 190 lbs the Kuiu Attack pants are the only hunting pants I own…4 pair. The fit on me is great I wear the 34 tall and they fit tall people great. I like the pockets and that the back pockets both have zippers.

I just sent back corrugate foundry. Fabric was great just too baggy. Going with pro brush so I can go through briars while scouting or looking for animals. All we have are clear it’s with dew berry briars.