do-it-all pant suggestions

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
I'm having analysis paralysis here... looking for a new pair of do-it-all hunting pants and im stuck weeding through too much info. im a michigander, so 95% of my hunting is for whitetails (though lots of long hikes in with stand and sticks), but throw in some small game and turkey, and next year a western elk hunt. im fine with layering, and prefer to dress that way, so a light-midweight pant would be great so i dont cook early season or chasing turkey.

i think right now the first lite corrugate foundry pant tops my list but also eyeballing the Forloh allclima pant, Sitka Apex pant and the Kuiu pro pant.

My top priority is quietness, then durability (dont want to buy a new pair every other year), then layer-ability which i think goes hand in hand with fit style.

Any worthy options that i am missing? Suggestions on models i should look at instead?

SwiftShot

WKR
I have Kuiu attacks, First lite somethings, but I wear G.H Bass pants I got from Costco for 20 dollars. They are like a hiker pant and are great. I dont hunt in camo just solids now. They are a lot like a hiker from REI. They are a great pant.

2muchhp

WKR
MI here as well. You will be challenged to find one pant the will work with the warmer times and keep you warm in November/December.
Attacks are nice and would work for your early hunts, for later maybe sitka Timberline , I use them both and others. To many companies and options to list, all depends on how you run for temps too, everyone is different.
Good luck

Northpark

WKR
As a Michiganander by birth (Arizonan by choice) I would suggest the attacks from kuiu. They will cover up to probably about end of October whitetails in Michigan and maybe some of November depending on weather. Lived in CO for 10 years before AZ and I will say the attacks cover about 90% of my western hunting needs.

OP
Tjdeerslayer37

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
So i grabbed a pair of the kuiu pros because i found a decent coupon. Theyre definitely too noisy for me, sounds like rubbing 2 pieces of sandpaper together lol. Also a bit too slim in the legs for layering so back to the research board here

Baron528

FNG
I picked up a pair of the Corrugate Foundry last year. Wore them in temps from the low 80s in Sept to the low/mid teens in Nov chasing elk. Absolutely love them for western style hunting, but imo they are too noisy for stand hunting whitetails.

Runar

FNG
prAna zion. My go to for Archery and warmer rifle hunts until it gets colder. If they get wet, they dry out amazingly fast. For colder active pants I picked up some Eddie Bauer lined pants with super lightweight fleece lining, they were something like $30 and they’ve held up well so far.

Fulton

FNG
Another Michigander here. Prana Zion are my go-to. You can find them for $50-$60 on sale most times and they’re perfect for summer hikes and have room for a layer underneath. Have been great for grouse season. We’ve been moving around during whitetail season so I usually don’t layer. If I’m doing an extended sit in late season I just hike in with no layering and throw on some zip up puffy pants when I start sitting. I cringe thinking of how I would walk in to my stand with carhartt bibs and overheat/immediately start sweating when I sit. I was cold 20 minutes later. Focusing on layering (and not layering) has been a real game changer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mparks270

Lil-Rokslider
Closest I've come for MI do it all pant is the Sitka Timberlines. I'll wear them for 40 - 60 degree treestand or still hunting. Warmer than that I'm going with Sitka Ascent. Colder and I'm wearing Ascent in and packing a Sitka Fanatic or Incinerator bib to wear on stand.

Tyson

FNG
And another Michigander here, I have used the kuiu attack pants for 4 yrs now, from stand hunting whitetails in the fall, rabbit hunting in January and turkeys in April and May, then out of state in Alaska and chasing pronghorn in SD. They’re durable and a little layering makes them work for colder weather, it was 95 when I was in SD and the pants were excellent, then walking through 6 inches of snow chasing rabbits (with a thermal underneath) and they worked great.
There’s lots of great options out there, I’m sure whatever you pull the trigger on you’ll be happy with

Pranas- They do it all. I wear them year round and even to work in a factory. I have 2 pairs of KUIU attacks and they do well also. I buy all solids now so they can all do double duty. My attacks are camo though. I have a pair of Tiburons, but for where we hunt they are almost too light.

I wear sitka mountain pant almost every hunt unless extremely hot or extremely cold. Whitetails, elk, small game, waterfowl, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear Corrugate Foundry's all year. Zip vents are great when warm, then layer a base layer underneath for late season. Kept me warm down to 0* when moving.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
My favorite two pants.... Prana Zions (not those new shiny ones) and FL Corrugate Foundry. Both in solids.