Picked Up My Desert Bighorn Sheep Mount

IMG_3510.jpeg

Picked up my Arizona desert bighorn sheep shoulder mount today. Kofa NWR - Unit 45C. December 13, 2022. Day 5 of 10 day hunt. Sundowner Guide Service.

Very blessed, grateful, and thankful for the privilege and opportunity to hunt such a unique species. See you on the mountain. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

IMG_7301.jpeg

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Nothing amazes me more than the horns those desert rams can grow in the conditions they live in. Putting your hands on the horns, compared to those petite bodies is so eye opening. Beautiful ram and mount.

schmalzy

WKR
View attachment 730202

Picked up my Arizona desert bighorn sheep shoulder mount today. Kofa NWR - Unit 45C. December 13, 2022. Day 5 of 10 day hunt. Sundowner Guide Service.

Very blessed, grateful, and thankful for the privilege and opportunity to hunt such a unique species. See you on the mountain. Happy hunting to all, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

View attachment 730203

Got to be one of the coolest looking DBH out there. Beautiful mount!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Nothing amazes me more than the horns those desert rams can grow in the conditions they live in. Putting your hands on the horns, compared to those petite bodies is so eye opening. Beautiful ram and mount.
Follow the desert limestone carved canyons and you will see incredible horns! When I take folks out scouting and show them Rams through the Meopta 15s they always literally say something along the lines of “holy crap!” Until you see it person and up close it’s hard to believe the mass.

Syncerus1

FNG
What an argali flair! Superb ram. Sheep are a disease, and there is no cure. Insolvency? Nope. Failing health? Nope. Pray for one more opportunity... Well done!

OutdoorsMD

Lil-Rokslider
Beautiful taxidermy work. I am certain it will bring back memories of the hunt every time you see it! What a great, unique ram! Congrats.

OP
TheGrayRider
I’m sorry, maybe I missed it? Who was the taxidermist?

The taxidermist is local: Hoosier Trapper Supply, Greenwood, Indiana. Small town operation with friendly service and off the beaten path.

Free shoutout - check out their website for trapping supplies. Call anytime and ask for Charley.

Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ammodotcom