Photography- one photo a day

Tiger trout? Do you have any pictures? I’m just curious what a Tiger trout looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tiger trout are a hybrid male brookie & female brown trout. They do not reproduce and are very aggressive, I think the state record is only 5 or 6 lbs taken on one of the lakes here on the Grand Mesa.

CGvVR1b.jpg

AKDoc

WKR
Tiger trout are a hybrid male brookie & female brown trout. They do not reproduce and are very aggressive, I think the state record is only 5 or 6 lbs taken on one of the lakes here on the Grand Mesa.

CGvVR1b.jpg
That's a truly unique and beautiful trout...thank you for sharing it with us!

Below is another "feline trout"...a leopard rainbow trout :). When I caught my first one, I was impressed to discover that there were spots even in their eyes....
IMG_1755 (4).jpeg
(a quick pic and then successfully released)

Great Blue Heron, western Montana.
These birds feed mostly on fish in the summer, and voles in the pastures in the winter.
I learned there range is large: most of North and Central America,
as well as far northwestern South America, the Caribbean and the Galápagos Islands
My twin brother sometimes sees them eating snakes in Virginia. Neat birds.
HeronFlight.jpeg

Guy

Lil-Rokslider
Great Blue Heron, western Montana.
These birds feed mostly on fish in the summer, and voles in the pastures in the winter.
I learned there range is large: most of North and Central America,
as well as far northwestern South America, the Caribbean and the Galápagos Islands
My twin brother sometimes sees them eating snakes in Virginia. Neat birds.
View attachment 732423

They really are, and quite a predator! I've even watched one stalking a pair of small ducks... Photographed this one from my fishing kayak on the Columbia River, Washington.

Attachments

• P1011660 (2)-1.JPG
    P1011660 (2)-1.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 9