Photography- one photo a day

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Boy that sure does bring back some good memories! Southern most town on the face of the planet. That whole area, and even into Chile, reminded me a lot of Alaska, and in particular above the arctic circle.
Very glad to help reboot some of those life memories TB!! There have been many times that my wife and I have noted some close comparisons to Alaska on this trip. That said, it is very different. For one, if I were home looking at these images, I'd be glassing the ridge tops for game animals...not here. Additionally, we've seen some very different topographic features down here for us...I'll post a few pic's of those a bit further down the road.

frank church guy

Lil-Rokslider
A photo taken along the northern Antarctic Peninsula (yesterday), which is the only part of that continent that is not completely covered in snow/ice during the summer months...and the Antarctic Peninsula a just a very tiny fraction of that massive continent!

View attachment 508813
Those are dirt trails in the snow that were made by penguins walking/climbing to reach nesting areas in the exposed rocky ground up high. I included thumbnail images below that you can zoom-in to appreciate the determination of those short-legged creatures.

View attachment 508812View attachment 508811
you are a true bad "?ss" you leave alaska in winter to go to winter, even if it is summer there!

idcuda

WKR
Summer sunset in the Owyhees.
c143ef3638a83dad7b5ee61dd02331b8.jpg

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Some sequenced photos illustrating the coastal landscape transitions within a small section of Chilean Patagonia...starting from Punta Arenas, then NW through the Magellan Strait to the Pacific Ocean (only about 300 miles total)...

DSC_0166.JPG
DSC_0303 2.JPG
DSC_0309.JPG
DSC_0430.JPG
DSC_0438 4.JPG
DSC_0535.JPG
DSC_0530.JPG
(my apologies for once again exceeding the "one picture a day" theme of the thread)