Photography- one photo a day

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
ulij3II.jpg

AKDoc

WKR
Trying to get my senile brain to remember -- is Coldfoot the last gas/food stop before getting to Prudhoe Bay?
You are correct in your recall sir…and it’s still that way today. Coldfoot is last gas (at $5.50/gal last month when we went through), and then it’s all the way to the end at Deadhorse for the next fuel. I always have at least one five’er with me when I go up there…gives me a option or two…and always two spares on rims!
3B0F7E6D-46CC-49C1-A602-98E57A3D8B87.jpeg

You are correct in your recall sir…and it’s still that way today. Coldfoot is last gas (at $5.50/gal last month when we went through), and then it’s all the way to the end at Deadhorse for the next fuel. I always have at least one five’er with me when I go up there…gives me a option or two…and always two spares on rims!
I gased up & grabbed a bite at CF when I was there.

Man, you're hauling a load! Looks like you even do BYOW, huh? ;)

Do you do any fishing along the way?

AKDoc

WKR
I gased up & grabbed a bite at CF when I was there.

Man, you're hauling a load! Looks like you even do BYOW, huh? ;)

Do you do any fishing along the way?
Fly fishing for Arctic Grayling with a 4wt rod is something that I enjoy up here, and there are a couple places along the Dalton that I like to fish, but it's not a core component of that particular road-trip. That said, there are many other trips and places where fishing for various species is a central theme of the trip.

View attachment 306407
Been trying to find a bigfoot or northern lite for months to upgrade my old truck camper. Tough to find them down here. That pic should be a sales brochure for side door campers!!