Photo Display Ideas?

BigSurArcher

Banned
Anyone have any suggestions or examples of nice ways to display photos in a trophy room? I'd like to display an 8x10 photo of each of my bucks/elk/etc. The initial idea is to get an 8x10 matted wood frame for each one and cover a whole wall, but there's gotta be some more intriguing possibilities. Help!

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
You can have custom canvas prints made. They aren't dirt cheap in the larger sizes, but you could incorporate multiple pictures on a single canvas.

TEmbry

WKR
Matching frames creating a border all the way around the room.

Matching frames below each of the mounts.

Small canvas prints used in same fashion.

colonel00

WKR
You could always go the shadow box route. A large main picture with many small ones from the hunt. Maybe some mementos like the shell casing or a piece arrow. I always bring back a few things from my trips to use should I ever actually get around to making one. My favorite is a roll of electrical tape that a bear used as a chew toy when it trashed a camp we came across. River stones, pine cones, flowers are other items I have. Mostly it is just stuff I find myself sitting in while I am glassing and bored.

OP
BigSurArcher

BigSurArcher

Banned
Thanks fellas.

bighouse, I've got an article being done up in a similar fashion by an outfit called "In the News".

I think I'm going to get a few long straight aspen trunks about 6-8" in diameter and hang them on the wall parallel at an angle, and then mount the framed photos to them in a staggered fashion. Should be cool if it comes out how I see it in my head.