Pfizer clinical trial data: not good at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part about all of this is that we argue amongst ourselves at a level that makes out of state vs resident hunters look like lovers.

There's not a soul alive who does not know what options and risks are on the table. If a person wishes to vaccinate or not should make zero difference in anyone else's eyes. If it works you're probably going to be fine, if it doesn't....dice roll. If I die from my decisions on crossing a talus slope or vaccine injury / lack of application.....that's on me, not you.

It's sad to think that we have so many alleged freedoms and yet have to take such a hard stance on this one.

I won't even get into NIOSH and respiratory protection laws and practices from the last 30 plus years that we've altered.

Live and let live is such a difficult concept to accept....especially when we believe we can run our neighbor's life better then he can.
Wrench, I agree with everything you said so long as being vaccinated has zero effect on controlling this virus, saving other people's lives or lightening the burden on our health care workers.

bsnedeker

WKR
Wrench, I agree with everything you said so long as being vaccinated has zero effect on controlling this virus, saving other people's lives or lightening the burden on our health care workers.
I hope that you don't drink or smoke or eat unhealthy foods in that case. I hope you never partake in any risky activities that could mean you end up in a hospital.

Ya know, gotta lighten the load for those healthcare workers and all!

The obvious hypocrisy of your position would keep me up at night personally.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
Will not try to argue about vaccines at all. I’m not an anti-vaxxer. I’m anti unsafe and ineffective medication administration. And that’s what is happening now.

Also, not going to discuss virus mutation and how it becomes less virulent but more contagious with each mutation due to the fact that if a virus kills off it’s hosts it dies as well. So, I think we’re are ok and safe knowing that this virus isn’t going to kill 50% of anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess you should tell everyone that died from Ebola over these many years that it has has been around that it is now less virulent... same for Hanta virus.

JL

I hope that you don't drink or smoke or eat unhealthy foods in that case. I hope you never partake in any risky activities that could mean you end up in a hospital.

So you're an expert on the effects of the vaccines then?

KurtR

WKR
I guess you should tell everyone that died from Ebola over these many years that it has has been around that it is now less virulent... same for Hanta virus.

JL
Well with Ebola it doesn’t mutate fast because it kills the host so fast. Your in a whole different world of viruses there.

jmez

WKR

JL
Completely different viruses, completely different behavior, completely expected they would not become less virulent over time.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Troutnut

FNG
Thank you for taking the time to review the video and post. I have no problem with your post in the context provided. I don't believe, however, that absolute risk - at least outside of a vaccine context - is always problematic. I think that pharmaceutical companies should provide both relative and absolute risks, for the benefits and the side-effects. I believe, however, that pharma companies will often present the benefits by referencing relative risk, but then use absolute risk when talking about the side-effects. If they are going to just use one measure, they should at least be consistent.

You're right, there are plenty of situations where it makes sense to consider absolute risk. That's what makes this lie in the video so nefarious -- all the most effective lies take little bits of pieces of truth, leave others out, and arrange them in a way that tells a false story.

In question being answered in a clinical trial for a vaccine is, "How much less likely am I to get the virus with the vaccine than without it?" That's the relative risk. Absolute risk is reported internally to make sure they calculated the relative risk right, which of course they did, but in changing times the absolute number is already out of date by the time the data are published. The relative risk remains relevant in the long term, although Omicron has changed the game.

Absolute risk is how a person should decide whether to get vaccinated, but you can't use the absolute risk to somebody else in a different time frame -- you have to consider the absolute risk to yourself in the present and future, which is a very different number. To approximately calculate an accurate absolute risk to yourself in the present and future, you need the relative risk number from the trial combined with data on the prevalence of Covid now. The absolute risk numbers from the trial are meaningless in that decision. The people who made this video surely know that, but they know that most of their audience doesn't now it, which is why they used it for their lie. Also, people have to compare the absolute risk from Covid vs the absolute risk from getting the vaccine, which is so incredibly low that getting vaccinated is the obvious best choice for practically everyone who understands the math.

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR

To truly lighten the load; stop smoking, lose weight, stop drinking to excess, eat better, manage your diabetes, manage your blood pressure, take your medications as prescribed, stop doing drugs.

cod007

Lil-Rokslider
Oh I don’t know, tyrannical leftists who want to destroy the country to usher in the great reset? Part of that process is vilifying half the population (aka their biggest obstacle) and training the other half as attack dogs to do the dirty work for them for free. Yes half of the people in this country and on this forum work for the government for free
Truth, this.

Wrench

WKR

I hear about hospitals overflowing....but I have not seen that in my area. My wife had a sx scheduled for tomorrow but we're expecting a foot of snow and we're 35 miles from town....so they rescheduled for 2 weeks from now.

What I have seen is people lined up for blocks to get a covid test so they can go to the Gonzaga game or on vacation.

If that's not a waste of talent, I don't know what is.

I hear about hospitals overflowing....but I have not seen that in my area. My wife had a sx scheduled for tomorrow but we're expecting a foot of snow and we're 35 miles from town....so they rescheduled for 2 weeks from now.

What I have seen is people lined up for blocks to get a covid test so they can go to the Gonzaga game or on vacation.

If that's not a waste of talent, I don't know what is.
I think this is (yet another) common rural/small town vs. urban/big city difference in perspective. Our county has about 14k people in it and it's a very large county. Lots of farms and ranches. Biggest town is still less than 4k. The hospital has been at or near capacity many times over the past 2 years, but most of the time they aren't. However, less than an hour away in Houston and it's suburbs, the hospitals are packed with covid patients. So from where we stand, things don't look so bad.

(Just one more reason to not live in a big city if you ask me :D )

That said, it's easy for rural folks to think all of this is overblown. Meanwhile it's easy for urban folks to think not enough people are taking this seriously. It's all about perspective.

KurtR

WKR
this is the world we live in
attachment.php

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
this is the world we live in
attachment.php

What, people making up stuff and putting it on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.