perfect hunting truck and trailer, camper,

OP
R

rockwind1

Lil-Rokslider
deserty portion of western portion of 'Merica
I'd suggest a high clearance bumper pull RV with the 4 wheeler in the back of the truck and have someone else drive the 4 runner if it makes sense to have it as well. Warmer weather or shorter trips just the 4 runner and a nice tent.

I normally just take my jeep with a tent but when it gets colder or if the kids are tagging along we use our 17ft jayco Baja and I've been surprised how well it handles on blm/Forrest service roads, and my wife will drive the jeep if we think we need it.
i can usually have someone drive the 4runner but this year it's my 13 year old nephew and me so bringing me back to thinking about alternative plans. i realize it is probably impossible to have every thing i want.

OP
R

rockwind1

Lil-Rokslider
deserty portion of western portion of 'Merica
I recently saw the coach from a travel trailer mounted on a gooseneck. got my wheels spinning.
i saw that too! the truck camper on a gooseneck though i think is better cause it can hang out over the hitch, thus giving more trailer bed space,, or you can shorter trailer. those 40ft goosenecks are huge. i think the most biggest, hugest truck camper with like 8 slide outs on a gooseneck would be pretty nice,

Gobbler36

WKR
Keep your 4runner and buy an enclosed trailer or jumping jack
I bought a 12 foot jumping jack and I love it for summers with the fam and its awesome for hunting

Choupique

WKR
A dually 1 ton 4door diesel flat bed that transforms into a 4 wheel drive Tacoma when you get to the Forrest roads would be ideal.

Coldtrail

WKR
With all respect, I would rethink your strategy, that is an embarrassing amount of gear for 2 people to require for hunting.....you could hire an outfitter a few times annually and still be money ahead, plus not have to maintain and store all that stuff. As far as prepareing for possibly having the "big one", I've just come to terms that 99% of the places I go and even on my own property, if I have the big one I'm done....I'll be on the other side of the river long before anyone can bring me back. Statistically you're prob more likley to die running around on the ATV/UTV than hiking up the mountain anyway.

Last edited:

Fjellvei

Lil-Rokslider
We don't trailer camp very often, but when we do we take this gizmo. Wife's Chevy Colorado tows it without any issues, front gates fold down into ramps and you can drive a big 4wheeler up on the deck. We've had it out in ice storms in Wyoming and somehow didn't blow it to pieces, still surprised about that one. I think the extra 2" thick layers of ice covering it insulated it even better.
What pop up is this ? It does appear to be quite the gizmo

sivart

WKR
We don't trailer camp very often, but when we do we take this gizmo. Wife's Chevy Colorado tows it without any issues, front gates fold down into ramps and you can drive a big 4wheeler up on the deck. We've had it out in ice storms in Wyoming and somehow didn't blow it to pieces, still surprised about that one. I think the extra 2" thick layers of ice covering it insulated it even better.
what make and model is that gizmo? Looks very intriguing

Bendejo

Lil-Rokslider
1 ton truck w an 8'/4- season cabover. Pulling a jeep pimped out for off roading.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

jimh406

WKR
Buy a cargo trailer that's long enough, and convert it to sleeping quarters. Yes, you'll need to leave the ATVs outside.

cnelk

WKR
I’ve moved to a 17’ toy hauler. Perfect setup for a couple guys.

If I need more room, I’ll toss in my 10x12 Davis wall tent for outside gear.

273688F4-6E56-49EF-8E81-6CBC07C08C70.jpeg