PEAX SOLITUDE 4 TIPI GIVEAWAY

Crosstreck stabilization for the more vertical walls and drying racks, 2 doors for seperate entry (especially when running a stove, and weight. Very nice design, should handle the vast majority of lower 48 storms, though I'm not sure this will hold up to AK wind storms. Center pole designs can only handle so much wind loading
We've had it in some pretty nasty wind storms with 50+ mph sustained winds with gusts up to 70 mph. Would love to see someone test it beyond that and see how it does.

I like the fact that the floor is a bathtub floor.

Question: Is there a plan to add a snow/sod skirt at some point to help eliminate drafts?
We don't have plans for a skirt at this time because the floor does create a tub wall along the long sides of the tipi. This helps to eliminate the drafts and eliminates any loose fabric from flapping around in the wind.

Melted laces can become a nightmare, so the ability to hang boots to dry safely away from the stove is really nice.

One question though; did feedback or information from rokslide have much of an influence on the final product?
We used a diverse field testing team of industry experts during the product development and testing phase, some of which are associated with rokslide in various ways. We obviously did not release the design before it was officially released for feedback from the general public.

@peax_equip - Brice I wasn’t trying to call you guys out, I had a genuine question to start the thread on the fabric you choose to manufacture with. I’m guessing you went through a few options there and landed on something, so was interested to hear what it was and why……
No offense taken, just hadn't gotten to your comment yet.

I am always worried about wind here in Alaska I have been in 70mph plus will this hold up without the trekking poles in place when I leave the tent alone ?
We've had it in 50+ mph sustained winds with gusts up to about 70 mph but nothing really beyond that. Would love to see someone put it to the test in those extreme AK conditions.

I like the use of trekking poles for added stabilization. Do you have to lay the tent down if you remove them for the day?
No, the center carbon pole stays in place and you just take your trekkers in and out each day. Super easy!

Cool design. I like the slightly steeper sidewalls, crosstrek setup, and the door opening/zipper path (I think). Seems like a good combination of features, fabrics, and overall layout.
I may have missed on website but what size zipper on the door? Also curious if there's any measures in place to beef up or reinforce the carbon fiber center pole at the adjuster detents/holes? Any plans for a half floor or a 'dirt hallway' type setup (one piece that can be pulled tight on ground but effectively is two bathtub floors that has opening down the middle for stove and 'boots on' access from both doors)?

As a taller person and already a sawtooth owner/user, I am intrigued for sure by the similar increased livable space/height in a more symmetrical "mid" type design. May just have to compare side by side in one of this fall's nasty Alaska wind/rain maelstroms or just take one with to Kodiak later this year for proper testing and evaluation.
The floor system could be folded in half so that you have a half footprint system. We also have a full and half nest option in the works.

I like the package approach by including the carbon pole and still come in at a fair price.
Is the intent of the bathtub floor on 2 of 4 sides to make it easier to enter / exit?
Correct, when you enter the tipi from either side the footprint is flat with the ground but then increases gradually until you have a full tub wall that runs along the sides.

I’ve had issues with sparks melting holes in hot tents, even with an arrestor. How does the Peax handle heat.
That's all about making sure the stove pipe extends far enough above the tipi that the hot embers don't land on the tent. We recommend an 8 foot stove pipe to ensure you have plenty of clearance.

Any plans on making a 6 or 8 person in the future? Also is there options to have it seam sealed or have some sent with it?
Love the looks of it though and the dual doors and light floor
May have to pull the trigger on one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tipi comes seam taped from the factory but we always recommend seam sealing as well. We don't offer an option to seam seal before shipping but doing it yourself isn't too hard.

I like the elliptical shape, steep sidewalks and trekking pole stabilizers both for additional stability and airing or drying items. Bathtub floor is a nice addition for more severe weather.

What size is the stove jack hole?
We ship a cut guide with the tipi so that you can cut the stove jack to match your stove pipe size. There is a small hole pre-punched into the fire proof material at the center of where your stove pipe should go.

I do like the trekking pole cross-support, but I'm curious - what happens when you need your poles but want to leave your tent up and come back to it later? Do you lose much stability since it's designed to be pitched with the poles?
The tipi is designed to actually be pitched WITHOUT the trekking poles (just like any other tipi). The trekkers can just be installed for added support and a place to hang and dry gear. The tipi does just fine without the trekkers installed.

Review mentioned "sealed seams"- are all seams sealed from the factory, or would user need to seam seal after purchase? And the center pole is interesting, I'd have to see it in person/be inside the tent to really tell if it's worth it, one of the things that's nice about some of the other tips is the ability to just use a sapling and not carry the pole along. It's a pretty cool option though.
All seams are seam taped at the factory. Exterior seam sealing would need to be done by the owner.

Like the idea of the cross trek ! Question about the doors do they have zippers at both ends or do they only zip in one direction?
Both ends. It's awesome to be able to unzip from the top to create ventilation or to glass out of during inclement weather.

Reactions: PRC
I’ll be honest here. I’ve never liked the idea of floorless tents and or floorless tipi tents. I go a lot of places where there are little nasty biting things and venomous snakes. I like the attachable bathtub floor in this tent but would really prefer to see it attached more securely with velcro all the way around. The cross supports with trekking poles is great but I don’t use trekking poles. Adding another option with some kind of lightweight poles would be great. Door design is fantastic! Having a spot on the floor that could be removed for a stove by utilizing velcro just like the stove jack would be nice. I know some of these things would add just a bit more weight but for me to have the added protection would be worth it. This is the first floorless style tepee that I would seriously like to use. Good job!

Just went back and looked at it again and saw that the floor does have the option to remove a portion for the stove. I must have skipped right over that.
Full and Half bug nest options are in the works so you'll be protected from the nasty biting things and venomous snakes soon! Stay tuned...

Back