Peax Solace 15 sleeping bag Review ***Updated 6/30/24***

IDVortex

WKR
and the ability to convert to a parka—I think for backpack hunters this would be a good selling point; I also like the hood design that's more parka like for sleeping over a conventional hood.

If the arms holes or the ability to convert to a parka (or if you can't find the right sized bag) aren't something you're looking for, then yeah.

The FF and WM bags are the gold standard, but the Solace has some pretty neat features and the quality of materials and construction is right up there.
Thanks for the info, just adds more info on what I want to do.

IDVortex

WKR
How is the bag for fitting into a compression sack and getting it compact? Presume you saw no difference? (This bag and a WM Badger is being fought for in my head😂)

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
How is the bag for fitting into a compression sack and getting it compact? Presume you saw no difference? (This bag and a WM Badger is being fought for in my head😂)

I thought pretty good. Looks like the dimensions and fill weight are very similar w/ the Badger, so my guess is they will be very, very close on volume when packed.

uPOdHsX.jpg

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I’ve been pretty “out” on Peax in general but have to say this is review and field use examples are compelling - if you’re going to be out for long trips, the extra weight of those “features” look like they could really be nice for thriving.

I haven’t been a fan of the product approach Peax has taken (ie they are all over the map) but it’s obvious that some of the crowd sourced field testing is paying off. The “we solve problems specific to hunters” idea to what they do is kind of working for them in this case. Nice to see for sure.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
To be honest I hadn’t even heard of them before I was asked to review the bag, I thought it was pronounced pee-axe. My wife (obviously smarter than me) said “I think it’s probably peaks”- ahhh that makes more sense :ROFLMAO:

Regardless, it is a solid bag :)