Peak refuel reduced portions & increased prices?

Matt5266

WKR
Ya that's a bull$h1t response from the company. I'll pass on Peak now.

I'm sure they have had many critiques as all companies do, but they jump on the ones that will benefit them and save them the most $.

Prices should reflect that then, with a -20%. Also I don't need to see peoples faces on my meals. So that could save the company $ too that could be passed on to the customer.

twall13

WKR
I think it's worth pointing out that they haven't decreased the size of all their meals, only a select few that I can verify. It's worth keeping an eye on it but I certainly won't be boycotting them over it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
It is what it is. I'm sure their costs have gone up, just like mine as the inflation baked in by years of QE and low interest rates since 2008 finally moves from Wall St. to Main St. It sucks, but when I was recently shopping they still offered a better value for me than other options I'm familiar with.

Their large meals are still large, with over 1000 kcal in the bag, and the new biscuits and gravy tased better than one from a few years ago eaten at next to it.

Anyway, everyone is free to stop buying them. I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to get them and doubt they will go out of business.

As a side, 17 Peak meals come in 1 lbs 0.6 oz of trash, 17 quart freezer bags are 4.2 oz, so if you want more or less per meal, you can save weight (and bulk) and make that change before heading out.

Now I need some bloody pepper flakes. @eamyrick

Hnthrdr

WKR
They plastered rinellas mug all over their bags, if you thought they weren’t in it for the green bucks you would be mistaken….

I just found out about these and am interested in giving them a try. Some of the options looks pretty good.

Holy cancel culture…
There's a difference between canceling someone because if their beliefs or opinions and choosing not to support a business that increases prices, and decreases product.
I understand inflation and the costs the entire planet suffer from it, but cutting my product by 20% and then raising my costs is not acceptable

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

2531usmc

WKR
But to be fair, prices of all food items has jumped ~30% over the last four years or so. So Peak really had a choice: raise prices, cut portions, or a little of each.

bmart2622

WKR
🤷 I just bought 20 meals and paid $11/meal with free shipping. People can take their stand and boycott them if you want, Ill keep buying them until something better comes along

OP
O

Okie-hunter

FNG
Classified Approved
I currently have no intentions of going to a different company for meals but my biggest frustration is ordering something that says it contains 39g protein & only receiving 31. This is more of a distributor mess up because they haven’t updated the product details.
I can’t find a similar company that produces the same amount of protein & calories in their meals without paying at least 33% more. Plus Peak tastes pretty good.