Peak refuel chicken recall

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It was the first time I'd had that flavor so it's possible it was just personal preference.

The noodles were like rocks but there was enough water that the sauce was like soup. Flavor was kinda meh for what I thought would be a pretty easy meal to dehydrate and make tasty.

I am pretty good measuring out the water as advertised for the first time of any flavor and then usually adjust from there. In this case I don't think adjusting either way would have helped. Less water = even worse noodles. More water = even soupier sauce.

I have 2 more though so if they're not part of the recall I guess I'll try again next year.
FWIW I error a little on the soupier side for things (I need the fluids anyways), massage the bag periodically and usually give them more like 20min soak time.

But all mine have been from prior years so would be sad if they suck now vs personal preference.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I ate a bunch of peak chicken last week too. No drama with me but my hunting partner guts were torn up.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
I ate some chicken teriyaki and alfredos last week as well. I got home from first rifle on Friday evening. No issues at that time.

I will say that I woke up in the middle of the night on Saturday and projectile vomited violently -it splashed from the toilet all over the shower curtain. My gut was rather wrecked through Tuesday of this week. That being said, that seems as if it were too much of a delay in time from the last Peak meal I ate.

Well, just read that Listeria can take up to 2-3 days to effect you. I was sick around 54 hours after easting my last Peak. I don't recall which that was, though.