Peak 44 rifle stocks

Marshfly

WKR
Love my Peak 44 Blacktooth. The Bastion wasn't out when I bought mine but I would have went that route for the small weight penalty. Build quality is absolutely top notch. Recoil management and fit is great for my body. I would absolutely spend the money again.

I was able to find what I wanted in their Ready To Ship link so I'd try that if you end up ordering.

Attachments

• IMG_4667.jpeg
    IMG_4667.jpeg
    636.6 KB · Views: 84

Marshfly

WKR
The palm swell is no larger than the optional grip on a factory tikka.

c771c054fcafd8fa79027882008e3b6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marshfly

WKR
I'm pretty sure that the Peak 44 pad is significantly lighter than virtually all other options and that's part of the reason these stocks are so light.

I'm pretty sure that the Peak 44 pad is significantly lighter than virtually all other options and that's part of the reason these stocks are so light.
For sure it is. The big bonus of the Peak 44’s compared to most other stock companies is every stock I’ve ordered and it’s been more than just what I have pictured has weighed less than advertised. I’ve seen the opposite with most other stocks. They either weighed as advertised but most have been quite a bit more.

Marshfly

WKR
For sure it is. The big bonus of the Peak 44’s compared to most other stock companies is every stock I’ve ordered and it’s been more than just what I have pictured has weighed less than advertised. I’ve seen the opposite with most other stocks. They either weighed as advertised but most have been quite a bit more.
This is true. I thought the box was empty when I carried it inside. This is a Rem 700 LA Blacktooth. They spec 20oz so it's dead on even with the long action.

Attachments

• IMG_4126.jpeg
    IMG_4126.jpeg
    244.3 KB · Views: 105
OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Gents!

I'll have to measure the palm swell on my Kimber and compare- that's a measurement I would have not thought to check.

My main question was accurate weight as that seems to be one of the biggest let downs with a lot of aftermarket stocks. I'd be just a little disappointed spending big money and have the stock come in over what's advertised.

For Tikka guys- they (Peak 44) show a Lite contour and a Compact contour- I was under the impression that had the same contour, just 22.4/24" vs the 20" length for the Compact????

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
just thought of another question :)

True drop in stock? Would be nice not to fuss w/ a bunch of fitting!

TxLite

WKR
Are you guys bedding them? When I talked it peak44 last year it sounded like it was essentially a requirement. I’d be interested to see where they weigh in afterwards.

just thought of another question :)

True drop in stock? Would be nice not to fuss w/ a bunch of fitting!
They are now, original ones were set up for rem 700 ejector port so had to open them up for Defiance. Not sure on the tikkas. I bed them all but they have all fit pretty good with minimal deflection so far

Are you guys bedding them? When I talked it peak44 last year it sounded like it was essentially a requirement. I’d be interested to see where they weigh in afterwards.
Bedding doesn’t add much weight at all. Most mine are mixed at 500 grains and then you have the squeeze out. That’s with full length bedding them. I’d never bed a stock the way Peak 44 has suggested on their webpage. That video makes me cringe

They have a universal option now for the ejection port. It’s easier to deal with but I don’t think it looks as good. First pic is their universal, next two are before and after me cutting ejection port

Attachments

• IMG_9692.jpeg
    IMG_9692.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_6306.jpeg
    IMG_6306.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_7566.jpeg
    IMG_7566.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 127