Peak 44 rifle stocks

Marshfly

WKR
For weight reference this is a bone stock Remington Sportsman 78 270 Win with the stock 21" sporter barrel in a Blacktooth. I saved exactly 1 pound over a nice grade wood Monte Carlo stock. I was shocked that it came in right at 6 pounds for the bare rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_4138.jpeg
    IMG_4138.jpeg
    291.6 KB · Views: 38

BAKPAKR

WKR
Thanks Gents!

I'll have to measure the palm swell on my Kimber and compare- that's a measurement I would have not thought to check.

My main question was accurate weight as that seems to be one of the biggest let downs with a lot of aftermarket stocks. I'd be just a little disappointed spending big money and have the stock come in over what's advertised.

For Tikka guys- they (Peak 44) show a Lite contour and a Compact contour- I was under the impression that had the same contour, just 22.4/24" vs the 20" length for the Compact????

If you have a local gunshop that carries Weatherbys, see if they have a Backcountry 2. 0 or a Vanguard Talon that you can handle. Both have the Blacktooth stock. I like the feel of it and I will probably end up with one on my Tikka and/or on a Remington 700. I like the idea of dropping a half pound or more.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ ahhh wasn’t aware of that; I’ll check my local shops- thanks

I thought so also considering a long action Seekins Element is the same weight and that is lauded as the ultimate lightweight factory rifle.
I have shot the seekins element. One of my clients had one on a mule deer hunt this year. Seemed pretty solid for a “factory” rifle.

The one I shot was in 6.5 prc and was suppressed. It was just as accurate as most of custom rifles I’ve seen come through camp.

For the price I don’t think you can go wrong. Quality control seems pretty good.

In my opinion all of it. Why would you not full length bed the stock to ensure you have 100% stress free fit?
When you say full length bed, are you meaning front and rear action screw areas and lower, or are you saying you bed from front lug all the way to the tip of the forend? Because I have never heard of doing the latter. lol

When you say full length bed, are you meaning front and rear action screw areas and lower, or are you saying you bed from front lug all the way to the tip of the forend? Because I have never heard of doing the latter. lol
From the recoil lug to the tang.
IMG_1219.jpeg

These look interesting but they are going to need to offer more options to be more competitive with others like Manners and AG Composites.

What makes it a no for me right now is the lack of options to add flush cups. I have no desire to have sling studs installed. Other options like ARCA and picatinny rails should be offered as well.

At the asking price they don’t bring enough to the table in comparison other than lighter weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

These look interesting but they are going to need to offer more options to be more competitive with others like Manners and AG Composites.

What makes it a no for me right now is the lack of options to add flush cups. I have no desire to have sling studs installed. Other options like ARCA and picatinny rails should be offered as well.

At the asking price they don’t bring enough to the table in comparison other than lighter weight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Agree, they are shooting themselves in the foot in regards to options, however , I’ve found it no problem to install all the options you’ve listed. Lightweight and good ergos=high dollar. In my dealings w their customer service, I don’t see them adding any of these options to the lineup anytime soon.

Oakridge

FNG
I’m very interested in one of these stocks for a tikka 22 creed build… must resist!

They bring different ergos to the table which should be a top priority and manners, micky, and AG have been largely sleeping on IMO.