Patriot Valley Ams- Osprey 6mm Prefit Barrel Group Buy

Josh at PVA is offering a Snipershide 6mm Prefit Group Buy.
15% off and short lead times. 100 barrels are available.

I also was able to convince him to get a .750" Taperless Contour going, in order to offer a lightweight barrel that has
plenty of shoulder for 5/8 threads and a suppressor.

$636 threaded. Fluted makes it jump up. Where are you seeing CF for that? I don't think I've seen many barrels under $800 lately for most options folks are going for.
Carbonsix has sales regularly in that price range. Last summer and their Black Friday. I don’t know if they’re doing it again this summer but I bet they will.

Josh at PVA is offering a Snipershide 6mm Prefit Group Buy.
15% off and short lead times. 100 barrels are available.

I also was able to convince him to get a .750" Taperless Contour going, in order to offer a lightweight barrel that has
Wouldn’t the 3b hunting contour be lighter than a .75 taper less?

Yeap! 6CM is hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You need kickbacks on all the money this site has caused many of us to spend. You'd be retired! You ought to start a hunt giveaway with you and Jake for a spring bear hunt for rokslide membership! Sorry to sidetrack the thread

That sounds nice! Just got a 20" 6prc light palma Osprey prefit from him 2 weeks ago and it came in a little chunky at 50oz.

Sweet, looking forward to seeing that. I don't need another barrel just yet but will be watching how that turns out for consideration down the line.

Sweet, looking forward to seeing that. I don't need another barrel just yet but will be watching how that turns out for consideration down the line.
I'll update my "Help me build a sheep rifle" thread with the new barrel once its on.

There are appx. 40 barrels left in this Group Buy, out of 100. Come on guys, get yourself a premium barrel at the price point of a mass produced, button rifled barrel from the companies mentioned above that have far less than stellar reviews/reputation. You cannot compare what Josh produces at PVA to Carbon Six or PBB.

I'll update my "Help me build a sheep rifle" thread with the new barrel once its on.

There are appx. 40 barrels left in this Group Buy, out of 100. Come on guys, get yourself a premium barrel at the price point of a mass produced, button rifled barrel from the companies mentioned above that have far less than stellar reviews/reputation. You cannot compare what Josh produces at PVA to Carbon Six or PBB.
Any idea on weight on these barrels and contours? Not seeing any specs on their site.

an osprey 3b at 16" can take 5/8x24 threads but does not have enough of a shoulder for mounting a cgs hyperion. I like PVA, but you need to be extremely specific with them about whatever dimensions you need on the barrel, otherwise they'll taper it to what they feel like that day.

an osprey 3b at 16" can take 5/8x24 threads but does not have enough of a shoulder for mounting a cgs hyperion. I like PVA, but you need to be extremely specific with them about whatever dimensions you need on the barrel, otherwise they'll taper it to what they feel like that day.
Josh recently changed their process of contouring to try and eliminate that, as they are more focused on longer and heavier contour barrels and didn't quite get what we wanted as lightweight mountain hunters. This is the reason that I proposed the taperless contours that he recently implemented, ie the .630 and .750. These may not be the lightest for a long barrel, but in the 16"-20" range, should be pretty ideal.

I'm much more comfortable purchasing from someone who builds competition barrels and needs some direction on creating a lightweight, suppressed barrel, than rolling the dice with a more consumer oriented company.

Josh recently changed their process of contouring to try and eliminate that, as they are more focused on longer and heavier contour barrels and didn't quite get what we wanted as lightweight mountain hunters. This is the reason that I proposed the taperless contours that he recently implemented, ie the .630 and .750. These may not be the lightest for a long barrel, but in the 16"-20" range, should be pretty ideal.

I'm much more comfortable purchasing from someone who builds competition barrels and needs some direction on creating a lightweight, suppressed barrel, than rolling the dice with a more consumer oriented company.
Couldn't agree more thats why I had ordered my 6prc from him. Did you get a 6cm?

Back