Paint Pens & Tikkas

Gonewest

WKR
I’m getting ready to install my Tikka in a Rokstok. I figured I might as well tryout a paint pen. My questions are:

What’s your process for installing an action in a new stock?

What screws are you using the paint pen on?

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
I would do a bedding job on that stock. You will get best accuracy that way, and also help minimize POI shift for when the rifle might accidentally get dropped or such.

On the paint pen, any important screws. If you have a pic rail scope base. Degrease those screws, the bottom of the rail, and the top of the action. Put paint on the screws as you would threadlocker. Also, put some on top of the action and bottom of pic rail to help bond the rail to the action. It’ll clean up if you ever remove it. Use paint pen on your trigger screw. Degrease it, paint it up, and torque to 65 in lbs. This is very important. You don’t want a Tikka trigger screw coming loose. If it does, it’ll fire when you don’t want it to. Degrease and paint your action screws and torque those to 65 in lbs.

OP
Gonewest

Gonewest

WKR
I would do a bedding job on that stock. You will get best accuracy that way, and also help minimize POI shift for when the rifle might accidentally get dropped or such.

On the paint pen, any important screws. If you have a pic rail scope base. Degrease those screws, the bottom of the rail, and the top of the action. Put paint on the screws as you would threadlocker. Also, put some on top of the action and bottom of pic rail to help bond the rail to the action. It’ll clean up if you ever remove it. Use paint pen on your trigger screw. Degrease it, paint it up, and torque to 65 in lbs. This is very important. You don’t want a Tikka trigger screw coming loose. If it does, it’ll fire when you don’t want it to. Degrease and paint your action screws and torque those to 65 in lbs.
Thank you for the detailed response!