PA elk

Last minute but figured I’d ask you guys! My friend drew a general tag (opens tomorrow). Zone 6. We have done a ton of scouting but that was during the rut. The bulls we had scouted have moved on. I was just wondering if anyone had eyes on anything? Thanks!

I seen some this morning but in zone 8 while we were out driving around. Seen a few on private in zone 9 where im hunting. Hope I can get 1 down tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I seen some this morning but in zone 8 while we were out driving around. Seen a few on private in zone 9 where im hunting. Hope I can get 1 down tomorrow!

Which side of zone 8? We’re most likely hunting the border in zone 6. Good luck to you!

I honestly am not sure. I was half asleep while we were out driving and didn't pull up onx like I should have but I definitely asked my guide the question of what zone it was. Definitely pumped for this hunt. Looks to be some fun. Good luck to everyone with a tag ♧♧♧♧♧

Last minute but figured I’d ask you guys! My friend drew a general tag (opens tomorrow). Zone 6. We have done a ton of scouting but that was during the rut. The bulls we had scouted have moved on. I was just wondering if anyone had eyes on anything? Thanks!
6 is one of the best units IMO. If I had a tag for that, I would start low elevation around the Medix Run area.... sure to turn up something
Good luck

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using Tapatalk

Got it done yesterday afternoon with the help of a super kind land owner that gave up his whitetail hunt to let me take this bull. He was laying in a scrape that the deer had made which was kind of weird. Pretty cool story behind it but ill write it up when I get back. He wasn't the biggest we seen (there are some absolute giants in PA) but he was the third biggest one in this zone. The one I was after got pushed to zone 8 when a cow hunter tried to take one with archery equipment and scared the bull and 8 cows waaaay down the river. Regardless im happy with him & can not wait to try elk meat finally. Going to get my boys to start applying so maybe I'll get to come back before I'm to old, lol. Ill post more pics in a few days
cb9299ded64e620e01f4ba4d0b986d50.jpg

Got it done yesterday afternoon with the help of a super kind land owner that gave up his whitetail hunt to let me take this bull. He was laying in a scrape that the deer had made which was kind of weird. Pretty cool story behind it but ill write it up when I get back. He wasn't the biggest we seen (there are some absolute giants in PA) but he was the third biggest one in this zone. The one I was after got pushed to zone 8 when a cow hunter tried to take one with archery equipment and scared the bull and 8 cows waaaay down the river. Regardless im happy with him & can not wait to try elk meat finally. Going to get my boys to start applying so maybe I'll get to come back before I'm to old, lol. Ill post more pics in a few days
cb9299ded64e620e01f4ba4d0b986d50.jpg

If you get a chance, I would love to hear the story about how this worked out for you.
Congratulations again

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk

Back