Owners changing posts on other hunting forums?

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
I don't want to be that guy but has anyone ever had their posts edited by mods on other hunting forums, specifically long range ones? I've got a thread on a different long range forum and the mod made his recommendation and asked why I hadn't looked at Christensen rifles. As part of my reply I just said I had a bad experience with a ridgeline and that was out of my budget this go round but nothing else or disparaging. I just went back and looked and he removed his Christensen recommendation as well as my comment on the one I had?? If mods and forums are covering for manufacturers thats absolute bull and completely jades my opinion of any of the info I may read on that forum. Especially since I wasn't being belligerent or vulgar just simply said I had a bad experince and moved on. Has anyone else experienced anything like this or am I losing it??

mddat

FNG
Had the same thing happen to me on LRO in a fierce rifle thread, definitely can’t say anything negative about sponsors over there. That’s what I like about this place thou, much more transparent and if stuff sucks its ok to call it out

2muchhp

WKR
Hard to believe anyone would think that would be okay. Their site and business , they can do as they please though.

CorbLand

WKR
Rokslide is the only forum I still use and mods here have removed things. Generally they will edit posts that "spot or unit burn" but they have also deleted comments regarding some companies. I have never seen a mod remove a post regarding companies that actually had factual information backing the claim. Its generally unwarranted posts that get removed.

It would not surprise me one bit if forum moderators removed stuff, especially if its regarding a sponsor. Pretty hard to ask for sponsorship from a company that is getting trashed on your forum.

Forums are just businesses and they will maximize their profits.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
We don't remove comments on companies' advertisers or not. We do have rules that, if not followed, will get comments removed or threads locked up if needed. Look at the drop test.... if we are covering for advertisers, we are doing a lousy job at it.

I have changed thread titles for better SEO. But I always ask the thread starter for permission first.

CorbLand

WKR
One guy said it was demonic....
My in laws believe that celebrating Christmas is evil…so nothing really surprises me anymore but it actually makes me proud that people have complained about my avatar. Not sure I should be proud of that but it’s the little things in life.

Also, please do not change it. I honestly don’t know that I have the file anymore and I don’t want to lose it. It’s been my avatar on forums for like 10 years.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
My in laws believe that celebrating Christmas is evil…so nothing really surprises me anymore but it actually makes me proud that people have complained about my avatar. Not sure I should be proud of that but it’s the little things in life.

Also, please do not change it. I honestly don’t know that I have the file anymore and I don’t want to lose it. It’s been my avatar on forums for like 10 years.
If I changed everything people bitched about this place would look like San Francisco.... You are safe from avatar deletions. :)

Rich M

WKR
Ive had my posts go “poof” from time to time. Part of the game.

Mods will adjust posts to keep them going.

Say someone says you need xyz and i say, most folks i know been xyz since the 70s. They delete mine and someone else says good idea and the post runs 3 pages of chatter. That’s what they want.