Over Priced Things That Shouldn't Be?

Anyone bought electrical wiring recently? I ran new shop lights, ran a couple of 220 outlets for welders/tools, and ran 10 gauge for Bendpak lifts and couldn’t believe how expensive wire has gotten!

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Ca. charges ten cent per bag. I always take my own.
WA seems to mimic everything CA does, just a year or 2 later. I think Inslee and Newsome have some kind of bat phone they use. We take our own as well. I refuse to pay. When I forget, I just pile it all in the cart and go. I think it is 8 cents here.

grfox92

WKR
I think the simple answer here is life, life is just expensive.
I keep harping on this. Life was never even remotely as expensive as it is now. It's borderline out of control.

I'm making significantly more money than I was 4 years ago, my cost of housing is way less than 4 years ago, yet I have less disposable income after everything is paid for. Most of it is from groceries. $1600 a month for groceries. 4 years ago with 1 less kid it was no more than $800.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
I keep harping on this. Life was never even remotely as expensive as it is now. It's borderline out of control.

I'm making significantly more money than I was 4 years ago, my cost of housing is way less than 4 years ago, yet I have less disposable income after everything is paid for. Most of it is from groceries. $1600 a month for groceries. 4 years ago with 1 less kid it was no more than $800.

Stop buying 7 dollar coffees and just work 3 jobs man.

Lando

WKR
One factor that isn't talked about enough regarding the inflation we've seen during the Biden administration is the effect his ridiculous policies have had on fuel prices. Fuel prices contribute to increased costs up and down the line for everyone and the more each link in the chain of commerce pays for each gallon of fuel, the more the ultimate consumer has to pay for the product.

maxx075

Lil-Rokslider
One factor that isn't talked about enough regarding the inflation we've seen during the Biden administration is the effect his ridiculous policies have had on fuel prices. Fuel prices contribute to increased costs up and down the line for everyone and the more each link in the chain of commerce pays for each gallon of fuel, the more the ultimate consumer has to pay for the product.
Good thing food, housing, and energy prices aren't included in the inflationary numbers!!!

KenLee

WKR

I'm practically living on deer, corn and taters that came off my place. Throw some greens in occasionally

grfox92

WKR
I'm practically living on deer, corn and taters that came off my place. Throw some greens in occasionally
No kidding. And $1600 a month is still eating a ton of wild game. Bull elk and a buck mule deer on the freezer. Almost gone.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
Just got back from the grocery store. I wandered over to the soda aisle and Coke products were $10 a 12 pack. Not long ago (3-3.5 years) I could buy 3 of them for less than that. I was standing there and thought, I might as well buy beer.

grfox92

WKR
Just got back from the grocery store. I wandered over to the soda aisle and Coke products were $10 a 12 pack. Not long ago (3-3.5 years) I could buy 3 of them for less than that. I was standing there and thought, I might as well buy beer.
So we don't drink soda at home and haven't for 10+ years. But recently we were going somewhere and were asked to bring soda. A 2 litter is $3.49. Seems like just yesterday they were .99 cents or 2 for $1 on sale.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
you gotta be sh*ttin me, WA charges you for BAGS?!
Colorado did away with plastic bags period. The stupid stores tried to charge me ten cents for the paper bags, I said nope because that law and charge was only for the plastic ones as they were phased out. Waiting a few years and I’m bringing in a bunch of plastic bags to reuse at the checkout just to see if I get a reaction.

ozyclint

WKR
Shipping from USA to Australia is twice the cost of shipping from Australia to the USA. It annoys the shit out of me.

With shipping and exchange rate, you can just about double the price in $US to get the price I pay in $AU

Sure, Savage rifles will shoot good groups ….if you can get them to go off. because they apparently pay attention to making good barrels. I’ve personally witnessed one from the factory with failure to fire due to light primer strikes, and heard a number of stories of the same.
yup my savage had this issue, cost me couple animals. been tikka ever since.