Outstanding hunt w/ Tok Air

VernAK

WKR
It's a real time crunch for reviewing data and releasing quotas but I would suspect quotas for Steese and Taylor will be reduced and probably bulls only. I'm hoping the 40MCH disperses or at least doesn't concentrate on the Steese for opening. I think I mentioned that the herd has been in Yukon Territory recently.

VernAK

WKR
The herd is back in Alaska and drifting west. Data is still being reviewed and preliminary quota numbers may happen this week with final approval available by mid July..........hopefully.

Don't expect great things!

If you do hunt the 40 Mile Country, please remove some predators.

Trial153

WKR
I am following closely, I have plans in the area the next two out of three years.

Rwolf

FNG
Is there a website that shows the quotas and how many are left once season starts, or do you just have to call the #?

bowuntr

WKR
Questions? Does the hotline update the numbers taken/left? Daily/weekly? I have a 40 mile hunt, fly out September 2nd... gonna be on pins and needles til the end of the month. Thanks. Ed F

VernAK

WKR
Questions? Does the hotline update the numbers taken/left? Daily/weekly? I have a 40 mile hunt, fly out September 2nd... gonna be on pins and needles til the end of the month. Thanks. Ed F
ADFG can't update the numbers as quickly as they'd like as it takes time to receive reports from hunters but they work closely with 40 Mile Air and keep abreast of anecdotal reports.

I wouldn't expect you to have a problem as you are primarily going on a trophy caribou hunt versus a quick meat hunt.

Your timing is good as the bulls have shed much of their velvet and necks are white. Nights will be cool for chilling meat. Please give us an after hunt report. I've hunted much of that country for 30 years.

You will see grizzlies.

AKBorn

WKR
ADFG can't update the numbers as quickly as they'd like as it takes time to receive reports from hunters but they work closely with 40 Mile Air and keep abreast of anecdotal reports.

I wouldn't expect you to have a problem as you are primarily going on a trophy caribou hunt versus a quick meat hunt.

Your timing is good as the bulls have shed much of their velvet and necks are white. Nights will be cool for chilling meat. Please give us an after hunt report. I've hunted much of that country for 30 years.

You will see grizzlies.
Hoping we see wolves on our hunt, and get a shot at them...