Outfitters banning bergers?!

TaperPin

WKR
I think it’s a great idea to ban bullets, not because the bullet may not kill the animal, but it self selects and prevents guys showing up to preach. I’d be tempted to purchase an animal from the high fence folks, tie it to a tree to help punch the preacher’s tag early so he can leave. Lol

AkRyan

WKR
Guides are payed well to ensure hunter success. If they have better experience using a specific type of bullet then that's there call. They have to assume every hunter is a bad shot.

WRO

WKR
What's the best bullet for a hunter who is a bad shot?

What ever is in the guides rifle .

I can usually get them across the line by letting them dry fire their excitement away.

Watch them jerk the fuk out of the trigger on an empty chamber then calm them down and do it right.

What ever is in the guides rifle .

I can usually get them across the line by letting them dry fire their excitement away.

Watch them jerk the fuk out of the trigger on an empty chamber then calm them down and do it right.
I hear you man, it was a rhetorical question. When the shooter sucks it doesn't matter what they're using.

Can some of not most of of these Berger “failures” be attributed to using the target version and ether lying or not even knowing there is a hunting version?

Most all of the Berger failures I read about are from 15 yrs ago before they came out with the hunting line.

Can some of not most of of these Berger “failures” be attributed to using the target version and ether lying or not even knowing there is a hunting version?

Most all of the Berger failures I read about are from 15 yrs ago before they came out with the hunting line.
I use the Target versions almost exclusively with good results.

sndmn11

"DADDY"

I think it is expecting something that won't happen. I quoted someone who said they saw "pinholes" with them and seemed to write in a disappointed manner. They break apart and cause a lot of damage; anything that exits will be a tiny hole that probably won't be noticed or assumed to be a bullet that didn't expand. If I am expecting to catch an intact mushroomed slug anything else is probably viewed as a failure despite a dead something. When folks see that "failure" and then remember they or someone they knew didn't recover an animal at some point with that bullet, they assume that the bullet sucked rather than the shot placement.