Outfitter canceled $9500 elk hunt 25 July. Thoughts on 2023 outfitters?

Broomd

WKR
You had to call this guy in late July and it was then that he informed you of the cancelled hunt?! smh.

If this is the case, that's ridiculous. Share the outfit for others to know and avoid like the plague.

bow_dozer

Lil-Rokslider
@Fartface i can get you lined up in MT for next year, or this year if anyone drew OTC MT. Private ranch boarding NF land. 3500-5000 depending on how much help you would like. feel free to PM for details.

OP
Fartface

Fartface

FNG
You had to call this guy in late July and it was then that he informed you of the cancelled hunt?! smh.

If this is the case, that's ridiculous. Share the outfit for others to know and avoid like the plague.

PM sent. I like to keep it classy on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Fartface

Fartface

FNG
There's nothing classy about an outfitter pulling this kind of stunt. Their name deserves to be known.

I would send you a pm but can’t figure it out on the app. Send me a message and I’ll shoot you the name.

Forrest1

FNG
Look up hunting fool they have some landowner tags in New Mexico, archery, muzzleloader and rifle. You can DIY or hire an outfitter to help you, I am sure Garth /hunting fool has some recommendations for an outfitter that would guide you if you have the tag.
I 2nd this I've used these before with good success

OP
Fartface

Fartface

FNG
I am not interested in bashing the outfitter. I am super pissed but moving on. I took out a subscription to hunting fool. I am looking at New Mexico for 2023. For 2022 I am going to Idaho panhandle. Not ideal but it gets me out of the house.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
I am not interested in bashing the outfitter. I am super pissed but moving on. I took out a subscription to hunting fool. I am looking at New Mexico for 2023. For 2022 I am going to Idaho panhandle. Not ideal but it gets me out of the house.

No judgement here FF and handle it how you see fit, but telling the truth is not bashing.

Good luck with your 2023 hunt.

Eddie

def90

WKR
You want a physically demanding hunt, OTC, and minimal contact with others.. Just spend your 10k on some good gear and do a DIY wilderness hunt in Colorado this year..

b.purcell

FNG
I’ve got some great wilderness style backpack hunts available in Montana for 23 if you are still interested. I run a low volume high success operation and take great pride in my clients success!
Feel free to reach out via DM for more info

svivian

WKR
PM sent. I like to keep it classy on the forum.

First off thank you for your service

Secondly I had to laugh out loud a little when i saw this post with your Username.

I hope you get lined up on another hunt, glad to see everyone coming together to help you out.

OP
Fartface

Fartface

FNG
I’ve got some great wilderness style backpack hunts available in Montana for 23 if you are still interested. I run a low volume high success operation and take great pride in my clients success!
Feel free to reach out via DM for more info
Thanks I will reach out later this week. I need to fluff my post count so that I can send a PM.

dcremin

FNG
As others have said - thank you for your service. I hope you are able to cobble together a 2022 hunt and line up and look forward to a successful 2023 hunt.

Rmdykeman

FNG
AZ has a few organizations that help vets get tags that are turned back in. Check out this website from the AZGFD. It has all the information you need with a list of the organizations and contacts for them. Might start calling them and see if you qualify and if any tags are available. Might be something this year or be able to get on a list for next year. I know a lot of people that go through these and receive some pretty amazing tags.

Thank you for your service.

Bob Dykeman
Shadow Valley Outfitters

I also had a not so great guided experience in Idaho this year on an elk hunt. I was successful but the experience took away from what the hunt should have truly been and I couldn't in good faith recommend them to anyone. As you look at 2023 I would vet the outfitter and reach out to unsuccessful hunters also. Its easy for a successful hunter to say they had a great trip but it says a lot if an unsuccessful hunter is willing to go back.

Latebloomer

Lil-Rokslider
Just here like many others to say thank you for your service. It's because of men like you that we have the luxury of hunting. Best of luck to you partner.

ez_willie

Lil-Rokslider
I also had a not so great guided experience in Idaho this year on an elk hunt. I was successful but the experience took away from what the hunt should have truly been and I couldn't in good faith recommend them to anyone. As you look at 2023 I would vet the outfitter and reach out to unsuccessful hunters also. It’s easy for a successful hunter to say they had a great trip but it says a lot if an unsuccessful hunter is willing to go back.
Come on now, all us DIY guys love a good horror story from guided hunts, let’s hear some names, don’t be a fart face!