Outdoorsman Bino Stud for EL's

MattB

WKR
Having had both, the stud works much better on the SLC's than the EL's. The issue with the EL is that the stud is so far forward on the glasses whereas the SLC is more mid-ship. This becomes an issue when you are glassing on a tripod and changing the elevation of the view as you have to change the tripod height much more with the EL's than with the SLC's because the height of the ocular lense moves so much more (hope that explanation makes sense).

pirogue

WKR
Having bought and used the Outdoorsman adapter, and the older Swarovski brand, there are differences one notices. Since the Outdoorsman stud is pressed into the objective lens hinge, this places the center of binos rearward of the center of tripod, creating the distance, or radius, of the tripod center to eyecups being longer than the distance of tripod center to eyecups of binos used with an adapter allowing center of binos to be placed directly over center of tripod. The longer the radius, the greater the circumference, resulting in more head, neck, and upper body movement to pan the same width, or depth of field. Could be better ergonomically designed if the post wast slanted. The Outdoorsman stud also requires you to spread the binos to fit over the stud, and then you have to remeld your barrels. Don’t have to spread them on the other types.

Brooks

WKR
I just spent a good chunk of change on a new set of Swaro 12x50 EL’s and after having them for two days I sent them to Outdoorsmans for the stud and glad I did .