Outdoorsman Bino Stud for EL's

JBivens

FNG
Does anyone have any negative's about going this route? or have a better idea? I have the swaro bino adapter and I am not a fan.

Have not tried either of them personally, but been looking into the options for a little while now and I think I'm going to send mine to KDC and have their version installed. Price is about the same, but I like the way it mounts better, turnaround time is super fast, and its lighter.

Unless someone changes my mind.. but it seems the guys that have actually used both prefer the KDC.

Trr15

WKR
I have the Outdoorsman's stud on 2 sets of ELs and had one on a set of 15x Zeiss i had as well. I don't have much experience with any other setup, but I can't imagine anything being simpler or more effective. Their customer service is top notch as well. Very pleased.

MattB355

Lil-Rokslider
The outdoorsmans stuff is pricey but the stud is a great addition to the Swaro EL's. and works great. It is a permanent piece that is fully warrantied by Swarovski. It takes so long as they transport the binos from fountain hills, AZ to Payson, AZ once per week as that is where their machine shop supplier is located. They pick up once per week at the same time they drop off (I believe on thurs). The stud is a press fit that requires a special jig to hold the binos so they keep their collimation while the old stud is pressed out and the new one is pressed in. I have no idea why Swarovski does not include a threaded 1/4 adapter on their EL's as they do with the SLC's.

OP
JBivens

JBivens

FNG
Have not tried either of them personally, but been looking into the options for a little while now and I think I'm going to send mine to KDC and have their version installed. Price is about the same, but I like the way it mounts better, turnaround time is super fast, and its lighter.

Unless someone changes my mind.. but it seems the guys that have actually used both prefer the KDC.
Does KDC have a solution for EL's? Seems the only cover the SLC for Swaro.

OP
JBivens

JBivens

FNG
The outdoorsmans stuff is pricey but the stud is a great addition to the Swaro EL's. and works great. It is a permanent piece that is fully warrantied by Swarovski. It takes so long as they transport the binos from fountain hills, AZ to Payson, AZ once per week as that is where their machine shop supplier is located. They pick up once per week at the same time they drop off (I believe on thurs). The stud is a press fit that requires a special jig to hold the binos so they keep their collimation while the old stud is pressed out and the new one is pressed in. I have no idea why Swarovski does not include a threaded 1/4 adapter on their EL's as they do with the SLC's.
Appreciate the information. Cannot seem to find any negatives.

cjl2010

Lil-Rokslider
Appreciate the information. Cannot seem to find any negatives.
I work about 1.5 miles from RCM who installs the studs. I can’t imagine a better way of mounting binoculars. As mentioned you keep your warranty as well which is huge.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
I run 8.5x42 els with the outdoorsmans stud and pistol grip. The system works great and I am happy with it but two downsides: cost and the stud is mounted far forward on the els vs the slc or other binos. So when glassing with a tripod you have to move your body and head around more, this didn't seem like a big deal at first but is noticeable enough to be a con.

nrh6.7

WKR
No experience with kdc, but always hear good things. Had outdoorsmans stud put in my 8x32 and 12x50's and couldn't be happier. Their system is incredibly versatile.

Brooks

WKR
Never heard of KDC but I have the Outdoorsmans on my EL’s and really like it, would never want to not have it. Rock solid !!

RS3579

WKR
If the KDC is installed does it void all Swarovski warranty? I know the Outdoorsman is still covered.

skierhs

WKR
Let me start by saying a am a huge fan of the outdoors mans bino stud. I run 10x,15x on it and wouldn’t switch. If I had to come up with a negative it would be the following:

The negative is that it is not designed for that? I have heard stories about the bino being on a tripod, falling over and snapping the bridge. If that happens then you’re out of warranty since they won’t honor such a change to the binos done by a third party. By itself the mount is okay but if it falls or substantial pressure is applied you may be out a nice set of bino’s with no help.