Outdoors Adventure in Poland?

Bearman

FNG
Heading with the wife and son for two weeks in late March (spring break) visiting Warsaw, Krakow and Gdańsk.
Any tips for some outdoor activities if you have been to Poland?? Trying to perhaps get some fishing in the Baltic……

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
I've probably spent a cumulative year in Poland by now, it's one of my favorite countries. All my time there has been for work and I couldn't normally break away to do outdoor stuff further from where I was working, but some of my guys got out and hiked a few of the national parks there and had great things to say about the experience. There's one hike they talked about with several castles along the route, I'll have to ask what it was called.

How old is your son? If he's old enough to understand the magnitude of it, I would strongly recommend taking a tour of Auschwitz. Hell of a lesson.

Poland is generally inexpensive, safe, and the people are amazing. You'll enjoy it.

Suera

FNG
You must visit Wieliczka Salt mines, they are amazing.
They fish usually in the rivers and lakes, catfish, carps and big pikes.
If you have time you can go to Zakopane mountains ( tatra mountain) you have many outdoors activies here to make, one of the most famous are skiing or one day hiking to Morskie Oko lake.

ODB

WKR
Poland is generally inexpensive, safe, and the people are amazing. You'll enjoy it.

My uncle is 81 andhas made two solo trips to Poland. Once two years ago right after my aunt died and once this past fall. He absolutely loves it. He’ll probably take his grandkids this summer.

OP
Bearman

Bearman

FNG
I've probably spent a cumulative year in Poland by now, it's one of my favorite countries. All my time there has been for work and I couldn't normally break away to do outdoor stuff further from where I was working, but some of my guys got out and hiked a few of the national parks there and had great things to say about the experience. There's one hike they talked about with several castles along the route, I'll have to ask what it was called.

How old is your son? If he's old enough to understand the magnitude of it, I would strongly recommend taking a tour of Auschwitz. Hell of a lesson.

My boy just turned 18, this is his bucket list trip.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
My cousin was over recently. He fished the inland rivers for Zander. It’s like a walleye and they jig for them.

OP
Bearman

Bearman

FNG

Poland was amazing!!! Very affordable, food was good and the beer superb, amazing architecture.
We had a blast.

Attachments

• IMG_1727.jpeg
    IMG_1727.jpeg
    539.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1796.jpeg
    IMG_1796.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1673.jpeg
    IMG_1673.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 18
  • b33df309-b0f3-4522-92e3-3071fccd012a.jpeg
    b33df309-b0f3-4522-92e3-3071fccd012a.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 18
  • dd744a30-dd4a-4b66-a000-5367b8ad3084.jpeg
    dd744a30-dd4a-4b66-a000-5367b8ad3084.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 18

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
You must visit Wieliczka Salt mines, they are amazing.
They fish usually in the rivers and lakes, catfish, carps and big pikes.
If you have time you can go to Zakopane mountains ( tatra mountain) you have many outdoors activies here to make, one of the most famous are skiing or one day hiking to Morskie Oko lake.
I'm late on this one, but the Tatras and Zakpone are great as is the Wieliczka Salt mines. There is/was a quaint lodge at Morskie Oko that I stayed in. They also have a great hiking in the Tatras. The trail system has a series of huts/hostels that you can stay in along the way and get a warm meal and a bunk. Krakow is fantastic as well.

Trvl2hunt

FNG
Roe deer is very affordable - You can get a 5 pack option. March is too early for them ( May-Sept). Wild Boar is a good option or possibly Mouflon