Planning Family Alaska Trip

OP
richyrich408

richyrich408

Lil-Rokslider
Homer is a great place to go for a halibut charter. Things to do around town as well. Seward is nice, long run for fish though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if the weather is good. The Sealife Center is there also, which would be good for the little ones.

You could stay in Sodotna and fish the Kenai for sockeye, or do a combo float for kings and sockeye on the Kasilof. That's what I would do. I know several good guides that would probably put fish in the boat for you.

I'd skip Denali NP and head up the Glenn making my way to Paxson on the Richardson. The Glenn offers some spectacular scenery on your way to Glennallen. Drive in the Denali Hwy to Tangle Lakes. There's some cabins there you can rent from the lodge, as well as canoes. Great grayling fishing (and lakers from shore potentially) and beautiful scenery. If your vehicle rental allows, drive west from there (paved to the Mclaren River, dirt most of the way to Cantwell from there) and come out in Cantwell, then head south to Talkeetna.

Depending on your dates, there's some fishing to be had. On the Parks Hwy you have Troublesome, Byers, Montana, Sheep, and Willow creeks that all have great trout fishing depending on water levels and timing.

Thanks for the tip, our trip out of Seward was cancelled due to weather so we will have to run some audibles. Can you share those guides for the Kasilof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Htm84

WKR
Thanks for the tip, our trip out of Seward was cancelled due to weather so we will have to run some audibles. Can you share those guides for the Kasilof?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Depending on your group size you could try just going down to the spit in Homer. Lots of the shops have boards out front with cancellations or whatever. Room for 1 or 2 and different target fish. Usually halibut/salmon or rockfish. Can’t help you with any specific guides but best of luck.