Outdoor Magazines

kestump

Lil-Rokslider
Only one that I still subscribe to is Fur-Fish-Game. Have found that it has stayed pretty true to its roots.

JWP58

WKR
I like Covey Rise magazine. Thats about all i buy, mainly just for the Ben O. Williams stories/articles

GLB

WKR
Usually the only magazine I buy is Traditional Bowhunter Magazine and only after I look through it to see if I want it. Recoil magazine is ok but most gun mags are a joke.

Efw

FNG
I like Western Hunter and Sports Afield a lot. Eastman’s stories are great I am not terribly keen on certain philosophical bents they have over there. Petersen’s Hunter keeps coming month after month in spite of not having paid a subscription in years; barely worth opening. I’m a rifle loonie but gun tags are a complete joke IMHO.

Mt Al

WKR
I like Covey Rise magazine. Thats about all i buy, mainly just for the Ben O. Williams stories/articles

Love that guy!

I stopped all subscriptions, the pimping of outfitters and gear gets very old. I can't blame them if that's what it takes to keep the business going, I just ain't paying. I buy Covey Rise, Sporting Classics or Grays sometimes from bookstores if the stories look good.

Dropped all magazines, cable, etc.. This site a few others are way better. Rokslide sells advertising and good on them, it doesn't get into the discussions.

JWP58

WKR
Love that guy!

I stopped all subscriptions, the pimping of outfitters and gear gets very old. I can't blame them if that's what it takes to keep the business going, I just ain't paying. I buy Covey Rise, Sporting Classics or Grays sometimes from bookstores if the stories look good.

Dropped all magazines, cable, etc.. This site a few others are way better. Rokslide sells advertising and good on them, it doesn't get into the discussions.

I have many of his books, and am patiently waiting for his new book to be released. As a western bird hunter and brittany owner, I regard Ben O Williams an as O.G. of the upland world in the west.

KMT

WKR
Not magazines for me. Haven’t read them for 15 years. I cant stand to watch any hunting/fishing shows either.

bigdesert10

Lil-Rokslider
I'm still giving Western Hunter a fair shake, but lapsed Outdoor Life and Field and Stream. They just never seem to have much relevant content for western hunters and fisherman, and when they do, it is often uninformed and poorly executed.

Pelagic

Lil-Rokslider
I'll 2nd Gray's Sporting Journal. Specifically the Big Game edition. Too bad they only do one of those editions a year. Very well written stories.

2ski

WKR
I've felt that ol and f&s give the same info now that the same company owns them. I mean alot of times it seemed like I was reading the exact same article in both. Really like Andrew McKean though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk