Outdoor Adventure Book Recommendation

Disappointment River by Brian Castner.
No really hunting book but good info on area in NA you don't hear much about.

Labyrinth of Ice by Buddy Levy
It's about the Greeley Expedition
I like to read in the summer when it's hot..lol

Titan_Bow

WKR
Not a hunting related book, but
Land So Strange: The Epic Journey of Cabeza de Vaca is full of adventure and struggle. It’s the story of a Spanish conquistador that got stranded in Florida and his subsequent journey across the North American continent, usually as a prisoner or slave to native peoples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
I'll second Endurance^^ by alfred lansing. Fairly fast read, but mind blowing what they did. Loved the ad looking for crew: Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success.

Another good one not hunting related, is We Die Alone which takes place in Norway during the German occupation in WWII.

I dont really care for some of his books, but People of the Deer by farley mowatt is a classic read about native alaskans. Also in that vein Shopping for Porcupines sounds interesting to me, but I havent read it, its on my list.

Johnny Tyndall

Lil-Rokslider
I'll second Endurance^^ by alfred lansing. Fairly fast read, but mind blowing what they did. Loved the ad looking for crew: Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages, bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in event of success.
Not to go on about Tilman, but I enjoyed his as well:

"Hand (man) wanted for long voyage in small boat. No pay, no prospects, not much pleasure."

Last edited:

awhit13

FNG
It hasn’t been mentioned yet but Wild Men, Wild Alaska is a great collecting of hunting stories from an Alaskan Hunting and Fishing guide. I highly recommend it.