Otopro

Heard about Otopro on the meateater podcast last year, they are a company that provides hearing protection products. Decided it was time to take seriously protecting the hearing I have left, especially once I bought a rifle with a muzzle brake this winter. Ordered a pair of their custom fitted earplugs with the impulse filters. I don’t understand how it works, I can hold a normal conversation with someone then fire a shot and it is quieter than a whisper. They’re not electric, never need replacement unless you lose the filters. I think they were $289 plus I paid $50 to get my ears molded for the custom fit. Just wanted to share in case anyone else is looking for a good hearing protection solution that doesn’t break the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tam9492

WKR
I’m going to be doing a review of the full-custom electronics and the $50 non-custom fit. Stay tuned.

I tried to like otopro products and they just didn't work for me, their customer service is top notch tho and i still think the products are super high quality. I had a pair of the phantoms made and hated the feeling of them, I didn't realize they were acrylic and hard when I ordered them. They let me return them luckily despite being custom. Next I next got several pairs of the impulses for shooting and my construction crew. Unfortunately all of us that tried the impulses just don't like them, we all prefer to wear jabra bluetooth headphones on the jobsite

wyosteve

WKR
I’m in the ‘tried them and didn’t fit’ category. Not sure why they wouldn’t fit well but had to sell for a loss!