Other vendors and silencer shop trust?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My first can was through silencer shop with their single shot trust which I felt was fairly straight forward. They don't carry some brands but I have seen reference you can still use their trust product when buying a can from another vendor. Who has done that and can you break down the nuance of the experience?

Are there other straight forward single item trusts folks are otherwise using?

Edit to add: once you have a silencer shop profile set up do you have to refresh finger prints or just the one time?

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
Not your exact scenario but I went thru an independent local dealer that carried addl products but was also a non kiosk silencer shop affiliate. I set up my info at the across town kiosk and never spoke to them again, everything was thru the new guy and silencer shop web site. Silencer Shop did not carry the DD Enticer that I purchased. The only time I saw the new guy was when I picked up my can.

wesfromky

WKR
My first can was through silencer shop with their single shot trust which I felt was fairly straight forward. They don't carry some brands but I have seen reference you can still use their trust product when buying a can from another vendor. Who has done that and can you break down the nuance of the experience?

Are there other straight forward single item trusts folks are otherwise using?

Edit to add: once you have a silencer shop profile set up do you have to refresh finger prints or just the one time?
I just went through this - it is a pretty straightforward process. I bought the can from a dealer, they do a form 3 to my local dealer, that is also setup with SS. My dealer added the new can to my SS profile, I bought the stamp and trust from SS, and they did the paper work as normal from there. Certified a few days later. The local dealer may charge you a transfer and/or paperwork fee for the service though.

You don't need to refresh your prints with SS, but do need to add an updated photo yearly.

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
Ill let you know in a couple days. I just transferred a OCM5 into my local dealer who uses SS system. He told me to order a stamp and single shot trust from SS and then he'll charge a $50 transfer to handle everything else.